Old Cole or new Cole?

#1 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -
I've never played the game, I don't even have a PS3, but I think new Cole looks way better. I can't really get a good picture of him yet cos there's only one trailer, but he wins by pants alone.
#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@I_smell: Old cole. honestly. 

I played Infamous on my PS3... not nearly as good as everyone makes it sound, and doesnt deserve 5 fucking stars.... i kept waiting for greatness but never got it, and it was simply shocking to know that i live in a world where this game can get all the praise it got. 

It's not a bad game, but its far from great.
#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

New Cole looks like a retarded Nathan Drake.  Old Cole!

#4 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Yeah the one thing that's putting me off is that he looks a bit too Nathan Drakey. Like they did a whole load of focus testing to come up with a more likable character design. Also he seems to have aged about 5 years younger.
I just think the old Cole looks like an ugly psycho.

#5 Posted by Brendan (7845 posts) -

I haven't played either game, but new cole looks like he's a few polygons short of old cole.
#6 Edited by ProfessorEss (7451 posts) -

Indifferent. I don't find either character all that compelling.

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

I played Infamous on my PS3... not nearly as good as everyone makes it sound, and doesnt deserve 5 fucking stars...

I really, really liked it, but if wasn't a PS3 exclusive, right when PS3 really needed a AAA exclusive it would've been regarded as a 4 star (mid eighties) game.
#7 Edited by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

The new game hasn't come out yet, but I would probably say old Cole.

#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Old Cole by far.

#9 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -

New Cole... old Cole was generic.

#10 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

old cole hands down

#11 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @I_smell:  it was simply 

shocking

to know that..."
Hehe...
#12 Posted by Comiclove5 (8 posts) -

Eh.... I haven't seen enough of new cole to make a proper judgement.
#13 Posted by XenoNick (1451 posts) -

Old cole. Looks more like an anti-hero

#14 Posted by Glak (613 posts) -

Old Cole, although i'm willing to give New Cole a chance

#15 Posted by I_love_Eva_Braun (481 posts) -

Old Cole

#16 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

I'm gonna go make this a poll.

Old Cole

#17 Posted by HODGEY3000 (344 posts) -

new cole looks like a dush bag
#18 Posted by Allprox (549 posts) -

New Cole for me.

#19 Posted by jkz (4043 posts) -

New cole. I absolutely hated Cole's character in the first game, so in all honesty, any change is good change.

#20 Posted by goforth_and_die (121 posts) -

old cole, new cole looks gay

#21 Posted by thatguy42 (86 posts) -

How about we hope they allow Old Cole  as an unlockable in the next game. 

#22 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4896 posts) -

Old Cole.

#23 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

I fucking hate Old Cole, New Cole's not great, but I personally think he's a vast improvement. 

#24 Posted by Daveyo520 (6862 posts) -

I have a theory. They bring out New Cole with huge marketing pushes and back him tons, knowing full well people will hate him. THEN they brink back Old Cole and call him Cole Classic and make a fortune! 

#25 Posted by FakePlasticTree (449 posts) -

New cole looks like he stole that outfit from Faith's closet.  

Old cole for sure. 

#26 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -

Old Cole looks like trailer trash.

#27 Edited by LiquidPrince (16018 posts) -

Old new Cole. Old old Cole and new new Cole are terrible looking characters. Basically the bald variant of Cole looks like ass.

#28 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

New Cole is made with Corn Syrup. So I don't know.... kinda used to it already though and I'd be happy once they re-introduce Old Cole via Cole Kickback.

#29 Posted by Tebbit (4472 posts) -

I wish they gave him his hair back like they were going to. It made sense, given the fiction.

#30 Posted by ESREVER (2701 posts) -

I want Cole from the first game. I had 0 issues with his character/voice/look. I didn't even know it was a big deal until I saw everyone in the internet whining like babies. 
I personally hate to see looks/sounds of characters change across entries in a franchise. 

New new cole looks like an adult version of Jimmy Hopkins from Bully.

#31 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

New Cole looks like one of those guys who hangs out at bowling alleys all the time to not bowl.

#32 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -
@jukezypoo said:
" New cole. I absolutely hated Cole's character in the first game, so in all honesty, any change is good change. "
This. Hated pretty much every character in the first game. But I'm not to sure about the new one yet - I don't like his voice actor, don't see why they just didn't go all out and hire Nolan North.
#33 Posted by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

I liked Old Cole, because he looked different enough but he wasn't really impressive. The New Cole they rolled at first was a fucking travesty and they really looked like morons for trying to pull that off...

I like the current version the best and the voice actor is better, the only problem I have is hopefully I'm not stuck fighting the same fucking hooded thugs and the characters are better. Fuck Zeke...jesus.

#34 Edited by Kyle (2323 posts) -

Old Cole all the way. New Cole ain't no Cole at all! 

Cmon, watch this trailer and tell me you want New Cole back.

#35 Posted by HadesTimes (812 posts) -

I don't much care, I just think his tuning fork looks stupid.  Who decided to put that eye sore in the game? 

#36 Posted by gingerpenny (31 posts) -
@I_smell:
He doesnt look or sound anything like drake
#37 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@gingerpenny said:
" @I_smell: He doesnt look or sound anything like drake "
They gave him a short t-shirt - very similar to Drakes, changed his face to make him younger and more chiselled - like Drake and even changed his personality, to make him more of a wise cracking smart ass..  Like Drake.
Thankfully, they went back on some of these changes.. but that doesn't change the fact their design aim was "make him more like Nathan Drake".
#38 Posted by gingerpenny (31 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind:
say what u will man but i dnt see it. way i see it is cole is a superhero with powers has a t-shirt and shaved head and just gave him a different voice for animation reasons. whereas drake is a treasure hunter and wears a baseball shirt and is fatter and besides everyone needs to quick bitching, so he looks alittle different and sounds different, the gameplay looks amazing and people r suppose to be playing for the story, if they dnt like dnt buy the game.
#39 Edited by imsh_pl (3298 posts) -
@gingerpenny said:

" @WinterSnowblind: say what u will man but i dnt see it. way i see it is cole is a superhero with powers has a t-shirt and shaved head and just gave him a different voice for animation reasons. whereas drake is a treasure hunter and wears a baseball shirt and is fatter and besides everyone needs to quick bitching, so he looks alittle different and sounds different, the gameplay looks amazing and people r suppose to be playing for the story, if they dnt like dnt buy the game. "

Since when is it considered "bitching" to criticise a change in a character's design?
And stp wrting like ths.

On topic: I hate the new Cole.
#40 Posted by The_BIG_FAT_CHODE (27 posts) -

Old cole because he is way more bad a** and new cole sounds like he has a lisp every time he talks.

#41 Posted by TheBlackPigeon (315 posts) -

inFamous 2 Cole > inFamous Cole.  

- The VA fits his character better. He's still got that hard edge, but now it's more youthful. The original's VA would have been a better fit for Kessler.
- His powers are improved. 
- The Amp gives his melee attacks more 'oomph' . Of course, any giant piece of metal will give you more 'oomph'.
- He interacts better with the supporting cast, especially Zeke.  

My opinion, of course.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.