Comic Jumper Sale

#1 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

So XBLA is doing a 1-day sale where Comic Jumper is $5.  So I picked it up to play later, I'll risk $5 on most anything.  I tried the demo when it came out and was sorely dissapointed.  I'd probably have given it 2-stars.  So even despite Jeff's glowing review, I didn't want to get it.  I remember hearing that either the demo or the prerelease copies where different than the final version.  Is that true? 
#2 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

I think there were slight differences, but from what I heard it wasn't too much. I think the game just tires out the small amount of stuff it does. Too much repetition. That didn't stop me from paying 5 bucks for Comic Jumper though. =P

#3 Posted by Diablochicken14 (114 posts) -

I jumped on this deal as soon as I saw it today.  So far the game is super repetitive but its worth it for the funnyz.

#4 Posted by Headin (30 posts) -

The game was alright but I am glad I didn't spend full price when it first came out.

#5 Posted by Tordah (2487 posts) -

I got it too. Love the humor.

#6 Posted by craigbo180 (1726 posts) -

I enjoyed comic jumper, I have to say its a steal for $5

#7 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I went ahead and got it. Haven't played it yet.

#8 Posted by EightBitShik (1342 posts) -

Since the sale is still going on I thought I would go ahead and throw in my two cents and hopefully convince someone out there to go ahead and by the game. I give it 4 stars and yall know how much I matter.
#9 Posted by Matt (968 posts) -

Comic Jumper can be really funny but the game is so repetitive and clunky in spots I just stopped playing.

#10 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

I finally got around to playing it (I forgot I owned it).  It's funny, but the gameplay sure does bring the game down.  I see it as mostly a bad dual-stick shooter.  But you usually lack the movement that characterizes the genre since there is gravity.  But it also can become a bad brawler or a bad rails shooter.  But boy is it funny.  The stats song is wonderful.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.