Do you like the unit count?

#1 Posted by VACkillers (1063 posts) -

just curious as to if anyone likes how the unit cap is in C&C4? i like it for multiplayer, but in the singleplayer i dont think it works that well myself...

#2 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Are they capping it like Dawn of War or do they have their own unique cap?

#3 Posted by VACkillers (1063 posts) -

Its no different from the beta, in one mission you the unit cap or points, will only allow you to build 3 scorp tanks and 2 engineers, yeah its a bit like DOW, more XP you gain more points you get to spend, the better vechials cost more points so you cant build many of those which is good i think, but in general i think it works but not so much for SP

#4 Posted by tinylanda (33 posts) -

Just got this game today.. only released here in Europe today.. Unit cap.. What!! EALA what were ye thinking, this is one of many massive dissapointments in this game

#5 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Its discourages a certain kind of annoying tactic and I appreciate that.

#6 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -

Unit caps suck in any game.
#7 Posted by VACkillers (1063 posts) -
@ryanwho:  I definitely agree with you there, only in multiplayer though however, being horded by 400 units of the same tank is silly... it works in multplayer, not in SP in my opinion.

Unit cap sucks?? heh, im guessing a fan of supreme commander? now those fights are epic!
#8 Posted by cartoons4andy (18 posts) -

It's annoying if you've got a 5v5 game going because your army just feels so small.  I actually kind of liked it in online games when one player on your team drops and and your unit cap goes up.  Smaller games like 3v3 doesn't seem to be too bad.  The problem can be if you loose all your units it'll take a while to get them all back in large capped matches.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.