First Command and Conquer 4 Trailer Unveiled

#1 Edited by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Class-based gameplay, mobile bases, and persistent player progression are promised with it.


So whatcha think?

  

#2 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

You know, I really don't know what to think, it's still a bit too early to tell.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

No gameplay, oh well it looked like, well a cutscene from C&C lol.

#4 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" No gameplay, oh well it looked like, well a cutscene from C&C lol. "
Dood, if this is how they will do the cutscenes for the campaign story, I'M FUCKING PSYCHED!!!  That's pretty damn good quality...and plus...I mean, KANE WORKING WITH THE GDI?!?!  A PARTNERSHIP?!?!  DOOD!!!

I'm curious about whether the Scrin will be in the game again or not.  Initially, they were a weak faction to have in the game...only good for Mastermind tech rushes...and that shit was cheap anyways.  However, they became a very viable faction after a while.

Also, I doubt they'll show any gameplay until later in the year, near the holidays.
#5 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

What the fuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!
Awesome.
Shoot a fucking movie already. Get Micheal Bay on the horn

#6 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@dcpc10 said:
" I love the CnC series, I'll be checking this out if my computer will be up to the task. If not, I'll still watch the cutscenes off of youtube. "
The one screenshot that I've seen looks like they'll be running an enhanced version of the C&C 3 engine, so it shouldn't be THAT bad if you can run C&C 3.  I'm sure they'll upgrade shaders and all that good stuff.
#7 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

I'm not very good with the C&C Lore, but if I were to start playing, which game should I start with? the very first?

#8 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Manchester looks better than usual...

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" I'm not very good with the C&C Lore, but if I were to start playing, which game should I start with? the very first? "
Definitely.  It makes it easier to understand all this tiberium infestation business.
#10 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -
@Bucketdeth: I'm pretty sure you can download the first one for free on EA's website. You should also pic up C&C: The First Decade, which is like $20 or $30 and has just about every game in the C&C franchise, except for those made in recent years. Be sure to play C&C: Red Alert and Red Alert 2, those are the best in my opinion.
#11 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

I've never played any C&C games in my life and don't plan on starting now, but this franchaise is just begging for a movie to be shot.

#12 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@StarFoxA said:
" @Bucketdeth: I'm pretty sure you can download the first one for free on EA's website. You should also pic up C&C: The First Decade, which is like $20 or $30 and has just about every game in the C&C franchise, except for those made in recent years. Be sure to play C&C: Red Alert and Red Alert 2, those are the best in my opinion. "
First Decade would be the best way to go, as it's a GREAT deal.  Also, make sure to know that Red Alert is a separate storyline from the C&C base brand.  Red Alert is a bit more...outlandish...in some of the things it does.  lol

@FlamingHobo said:
" I've never played any C&C games in my life and don't plan on starting now, but this franchaise is just begging for a movie to be shot. "
Doesn't need a movie.  Not with all those amazing cutscenes over the years!!!  = D
#13 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -
@StarFoxA said:
" @Bucketdeth: I'm pretty sure you can download the first one for free on EA's website. You should also pic up C&C: The First Decade, which is like $20 or $30 and has just about every game in the C&C franchise, except for those made in recent years. Be sure to play C&C: Red Alert and Red Alert 2, those are the best in my opinion. "
Thanks a lot man, I'll go check it out.
#14 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -
@jakob187: I said that because of the production values of the cutscenes they are pretty much mini movies, and I think that they have the talent and capacity to possibly make a great movie out of the franchaise. So long as they do it for Command and Conquer fans rather than for mass consumption, which is what many video game movies seem to do which also leads them to FLOP.
#15 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" What the fuuuuuuuuuck!!!!! Awesome.Shoot a fucking movie already. Get Micheal Bay on the horn "
Jesus, no. He's garbage. Get a good director.
#16 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@FlamingHobo: If they do it the way the Command and Conquer fans want it done...which is with cheesy over-the-top ridiculous acting and relatively low budget work...it'll probably win every Razzie the year it comes out!!!

I wouldn't mind that, though.  = D
#17 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -
@Metal_Mills said:
" @keyhunter said:
" What the fuuuuuuuuuck!!!!! Awesome.Shoot a fucking movie already. Get Micheal Bay on the horn "
Jesus, no. He's garbage. Get a good director. "
Uwe Boll anyone?
#18 Edited by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@FlamingHobo said:
" @Metal_Mills said:
" @keyhunter said:
" What the fuuuuuuuuuck!!!!! Awesome.Shoot a fucking movie already. Get Micheal Bay on the horn "
Jesus, no. He's garbage. Get a good director. "
Uwe Boll anyone? "
OOH-VAY?!  NO!!!
#19 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

1:15 the gun the guy's holding is an airsoft gun....my friend has the same one lol...
that's funny...
looks...
too early to tell.

#20 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -
@jakob187: Hey, that's what makes Red Alert so AWESOME!
#21 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11471 posts) -

I suck at RTS games and I have an old computer, but this game looks to be badass. Kane teaming up with the GDI? I like the sound of that already.

#22 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater said:
" I suck at RTS games and I have an old computer, but this game looks to be badass. Kane teaming up with the GDI? I like the sound of that already. "
I FUCKING KNOW, RIGHT?!  That shocked the SHIT out of me!!!  Now what's the deal with the spinny ball?
#23 Posted by Pie (7053 posts) -

Yes, finally a game set in my hometown of Manchester!

@Tylea002 said:

" Manchester looks better than usual... "
Stop chattin macka fool! (Thats mancunian lingo)

#24 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -
@FlamingHobo said:
" @Metal_Mills said:
" @keyhunter said:
" What the fuuuuuuuuuck!!!!! Awesome.Shoot a fucking movie already. Get Micheal Bay on the horn "
Jesus, no. He's garbage. Get a good director. "
Uwe Boll anyone? "
At least then we'd get a great TANG episode.
#25 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -
@Metal_Mills said:
" @FlamingHobo said:
" @Metal_Mills said:
" @keyhunter said:
" What the fuuuuuuuuuck!!!!! Awesome.Shoot a fucking movie already. Get Micheal Bay on the horn "
Jesus, no. He's garbage. Get a good director. "
Uwe Boll anyone? "
At least then we'd get a great TANG episode. "
Zing!
#26 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Where the fuck did Kane get a Palantir from?  Oh good, we can call Saruman long distance!  We're saved!

#27 Posted by Teh_Eel (296 posts) -

Hopefully EALA will make a good c&c this time but somehow I doubt it. As its the last chapter of Kane I would love them to work in the end of he Soviet campaign from Red Alert 1 into the story.

#28 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@Teh_Eel said:
" Hopefully EALA will make a good c&c this time but somehow I doubt it. As its the last chapter of Kane I would love them to work in the end of he Soviet campaign from Red Alert 1 into the story. "
Red Alert is a separate story from this series.  Why would the Soviets be in this one?
#29 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11471 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @Teh_Eel said:
" Hopefully EALA will make a good c&c this time but somehow I doubt it. As its the last chapter of Kane I would love them to work in the end of he Soviet campaign from Red Alert 1 into the story. "
Red Alert is a separate story from this series.  Why would the Soviets be in this one?
"
At the end of the Soviet Campaign in RA 1 it is heavily implied that the story continues in regular C&C (Kane becomes the leader of the Soviet Union, the Allies create a "Global Defense Initiative".)
 However, I'm pretty sure they scrapped that idea and made RA a separate continuity
#30 Posted by Teh_Eel (296 posts) -

Yeah there said many times there separate but I can keep kidding myself. Funny thing was Red Alert 1 was orginally a presequal to tiberian dawn

#31 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @Teh_Eel said:
" Hopefully EALA will make a good c&c this time but somehow I doubt it. As its the last chapter of Kane I would love them to work in the end of he Soviet campaign from Red Alert 1 into the story. "
Red Alert is a separate story from this series.  Why would the Soviets be in this one?
"
At the end of the Soviet Campaign in RA 1 it is heavily implied that the story continues in regular C&C (Kane becomes the leader of the Soviet Union, the Allies create a "Global Defense Initiative".) However, I'm pretty sure they scrapped that idea and made RA a separate continuity "
Ah.  I was never too into the Red Alert games.  They were great games, don't get me wrong.  My thing was more along the lines of the base C&C though, so I just stuck with that.  Hell, I still haven't played Red Alert 3.  =  /  I know, I'm doing Greg Kasavin an injustice by not playing it.
#32 Posted by Teh_Eel (296 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdgstg-7KY&feature=PlayList&p=28B7C59270EE9443&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=32

Link to the soviet ending with Kane in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.