Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight is the conclusion of the 15-year Tiberium Saga with player progression, co-op play and live-action cinematics.

The Details On Command & Conquer 4

• 97 results
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MrKlorox

Damn. I was hoping Greg Kasavin would be the producer for this one.

Who am I kidding? I probably wouldn't play it even if he was.

Base Building sims are sooo 1996. Glad to see EA finally realizing this.

To the purists who cannot comprehend the benefits of change, baseless is still RTS. Hell, RTS is even a misnomer for the entire genre. Strategy comes before the battle, tactics happen during the battle. DOWII provided more strategy than most RTS due to actual pre-battle strategics.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By MaddProdigy

I personally like the fast paced gameplay aspect lots of RTS's seem to be taking on these days. Starcraft 2 looks like it's getting better with micro managing classes single abilities and using them all, and this game looks like it's taking a turn towards that too. Stoked to see how it all turns out

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By keyhunter

Remake Tiberian sun please.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By Xeiphyer
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " Sounds cool. Despite what many people say, the RTS genre certainly needs a breath of fresh air (since every single RTS since 1998 has used the StarCraft model) "
    You need to play more RTS games =P
    DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By DavidSnakes
    @keyhunter said:
    " Remake Tiberian sun please. "
    Yes
    sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By sdauz

where is Command & Conquer Generals 2!!!!.....i think im going back to coh and ETW

vampire_chibi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By vampire_chibi

Damm you EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By tebbit

i'm really interested. At first glance, I thought it was C&C 3.1 but these new gameplay changes mean that C&C 4 isn't just another C&C RTS. Say what you will about the RTS genre (@dagas) but who says that RTS has to be about base building? Real Time Strategy. Company of Heroes is a prime example of how this is not the case, and is an excellent way to make a game. 

If you want base building, play SupCom 2 when it comes out, it looks freaking awesome. But I for one am tired of the standard C&C strategy, it's been the same since Tiberian Sun, the only changes are better graphics and worse soundtracks. 

@keyhunter: See above, but I would totally play a remake of Tiberian Sun, NOD got some bad-ass units in that game.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Turambar
    @SunKing: Er, yeah, that was suppose to be a response to Joeh.  My bad.
    Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jnal
    @DavidSnakes: I would totally buy a remake of Tiberian Sun as it is my favorite out of all of the Command and Conquer games.
    Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#61  Edited By Lazyaza

Love how people form opinions of this game without really seeing or experiencing it in any meaningful capacity.    
    It looks and sounds like a fun game to me but then I've always had a soft spot for the 'simple fun' nature of the franchise anyway.

Praab_NZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Praab_NZ

This looks like the exact same engine i saw in C&C 3, that game got megapublished to the point where its not even C&C, whatever worked about the old games (Ra2 and before) is no longer working. 
    lol, not very impressed yet, give me a sidebar + MCV and put scrin in a fire

dantey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By dantey

Why do I have the feel, that the devs of C&C 4 just have played DoW 2 a little bit to much? It doesn't have any base building, but that work in that style of gameplay, that DoW 2 has. I don't want or need a copy of that in C&C. I agree with everyone that says that they should stick to base building.

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By zeus_gb

Most of the older C&C games have had an automatic place in my ever growing collection of games but this one i'm not too sure about.
    I know that games have to change otherwise they feel stale but I like building a base, teching up and then blowing the enemy base to pieces.

Well at least it looks like it's got a walker in it.  Hopefully this one has better AI that the MKII had.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MrKlorox
    @dantey: Yes there is no base building, but that doesn't mean there are no bases. The "bases" (aka unit-building structures) seem to be mobile units themselves. DOWII was entirely character-based squad (which is another name for cluster) combat. WIC was based on a replenishing, fixed reinforcement ticket system that was able to move or expand/contract upon story-queued request. 

The method outlined here seems to be a more perfect medium between systems for those who want to play RTS like an action game (mobile), those who want to play it like in RPG (upgradable), and those who want to play it as a mass unit cloner (all other RTS to ever exist, ever).

This comes from somebody who hasn't actually enjoyed a base-builder since Red Alert 2. For that group, there will always be Chris Taylor of GPG. (I always preferred the Chris[topher] Taylor of Fallout fame. -- hey, anybody else just realize Topher Grace's first name is a contraction of Christopher? Boy I would hate to have that as a nickname. /drunk)
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By Vorbis

Sounds alot like DoW2, which I don't mind I guess. Will get it either way.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By lucas_kelly

I'm not sure I like the new gameplay. An RTS should be about building a fortress and defending it while attacking the enemy, they shouldn't change the formula.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By killdave

With starcraft 2 coming the same year do we really need "another RTS" ???

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Media_Master

its good that they are trying something different and trying to appeal to a wider audience, how much wider I don't know, but still

darkjester74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By darkjester74

Sounds like a World in Conflict clone.  Meh, I've never been a fan of RTS's so what do I know?

Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Slaneesh
    @killdave said:
    " With starcraft 2 coming the same year do we really need "another RTS" ??? "
    Call this a warmup to starcraft 2??
    NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By NoXious

Sounds like alot of fun, just wondering about money extraction etc. and how does one win if your crawler respawns?
    Seems like alot is left in either the demo that was shown or the article? I got too many questions.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#73  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @Delta_Ass said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    "  
    GDI Mastadon
    GDI Mastadon
            This reminds me of the AT-AT in the Empire Strikes Back. "
    I thought that as well, good sir. "
    Me too, that was the first thought that popped into my head.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MrKlorox
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " @Delta_Ass said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    "  
    GDI Mastadon
    GDI Mastadon
    Me too, that was the first thought that popped into my head. "
    Reminds me more of a Zoid. Not to be confused with Dr. Zoidberg's Uncle Harold.
    chronix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By chronix

No base construction?  That was my favorite part :( I loved playing skirmishes and just making a massive base and a huge army over time then attacking en masse.  I've played pretty much every C&C since red alert.  

So disappointing, I do think this should have been a spin-off series.  Its like they are trying to make a C&C DOTA with a construction yard instead of a hero unit.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jimbo

Sounds heavily influenced by the success of Dawn of War 2, which is no bad thing,  but that worked because the (campaign at least) gameplay focused on small squad infantry tactics (cover, angles of fire, etc.).  I must be missing something, because driving your base toward the other base and then having a small fight sounds like it could get old pretty fast.

They did need to try something to refresh and modernise the series, but I think they should have ripped off Company of Heroes instead - ie. keep basic base building, steal the cover/deploy/angles mechanics for infantry, steal the whole 'control points give resources' thing and the upgrade paths.  Company of Heroes in the C&C universe would be pretty awesome.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ryanwho

I'm glad EA has the sense to ignore the kind of imbeciles that having been holding back other genres from trying new things. That's the way more companies should operate. If you take a chance, you might find something great, if you don't take a chance, you're guaranteed not to. Just look at Starcraft 1.5. There are plenty of imbeciles out there willing to pay 90 dollars for a 10 year old game in 3d, C&C luckily doesn't have as rabbid a fan-base so they're open to trying new angles.

Xiemos2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Xiemos2
    @Reverseface said:
    " You don't build a base?? Ok i'm out.. DoW 2 tried to do that and it was utter shite. "
    Negative. DoW2 is amazing.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#79  Edited By citizenkane
    @MrKlorox: I give you mad kudos for the Futurama reference.
    bc1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By bc1000

most people i have seen post  who liked old cnc thinks ea turnd this into a a horabl   series but if your new to cnc and like rts you may like this

FaceBash33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By FaceBash33

Not too impressed by the C&C tiberium series. I'm just sticking too the Red Alert series, much more entertaining. Generals was good too.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Delta_Ass said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    "  
    GDI Mastadon
    GDI Mastadon
    interesting. i thought about cheeseburgers. 
    puercoperro335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By puercoperro335

This game seems like it will be much more friendly to new RTS players like myself, I never fully understood base-building or supply gathering, and hated having to control tanks, infantry, and the fliers by myself. But now with the class system, I like the possible strategies I can pull off and cover my weak points with the help of my teammates.  It just seems so exciting the new possibilities the class system brings, a new player can play through the campaign and recognize the class their best at. Communicate that to their team. I'm usually slow to get somewhere in C&C3, but now I can tell one of my teammates: "Go to point B, and hold it until I can reinforce you". Just my 2c. =)

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ryanwho

Old old micros were never interesting anyway. There's nothing tactical about doing what people did in AOE and C&C back in the day. You werent utilizing inidivual unit potential so much as turtling till you've microed enough to afford the best upgraded unit, then spam that on the enemy and win. Its archaic. I would much rather skip all of that and just start a level with the amount of resources I can use and have to properly manage them for the threat in front of me, instead of answering every threat in the same way. This is a step forward, if the game does that. I can understand why people would preffer they call it something else because it is very different, but I agree with Jeff when he says "who wants to play another old C&C?"

SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#85  Edited By SunKing

I don't think there's anything wrong making an RTS like this, but it seems too far away removed in gameplay terms from what C&C is about. I'm for innovation, but it's a somewhat strange use of the C&C licence considering that the people who've been playing, following and buying these games since the original are used to a certain type of gameplay. Of course this is all speculation, but on the face of it it seems too far removed from what C&C is about. Besides C&C 3 was only released two years ago and Red Alert was just last year; there's no need for another C&C game yet.

Edit: Or, as someone mentioned before, you make the game an offshoot or spin-off of the main series.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#86  Edited By giyanks22

Looks interesting...I hope its good RA 3 was not anything special at all

Majkiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Majkiboy
    @Waffles13 said:
    " @dagas said:
    " Another game for the 'modern generation' read people that all have attention defecit disorder. What happened to RTS games being about building a base and making strategic decisions? These days you need the reflexes of an FPS guy and the multi-tasking of an air traffic controller. Each unit has to have a billion different skills you need to micro. Soon you'll need to manually wipe their butt before a battle and babysit them so they don't kill themselves because you didn't touch them for 5 seconds. It used to be you could sit back and enjoy a nice little mind battle with a friend. Now it's rushing after 1min of gameplay and constant adrenaline pumping and everything is over after 5min as if you were playing Quake 3.  I blame the Zerg! "
    Wholeheartedly agree. I loved Tiberian Sun and RA2, the C&C games I grew up with. Hell, I loved supreme commander because even though to be good you needed to micro the hell out of it, I just liked building a giant goddamn army and then nuking the shit out of an enemy. It was FUN, dammit, not some giant test of skill like every game needs to be these days. I want a game that I can play in a laid back manner against computers or friends, none of this anonymous tournament scene bullshit that C&C has been about since 3. "
    Totally agree, if you need to micro...play some starcraft
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#88  Edited By jakob187

They're taking base-building out of the game?  I'm instantly turned off due to that. 

Look, I loved how Dawn of War II had no base-building, and I loved the different and unique ways that Company of Heroes offered up "base-building"...but part of Command & Conquer IS the base-building portion of the game.  People can complain about "micro" this and "micro" that all they want, but let's be honest:  C&C, the main series, has always been able "what's a good build order, how do I get to stomping that battalion as quick as possible".  That's part of the STRATEGY in the name "real-time STRATEGY".  There's more to strategy than just "oh, they have scissors, so I choose rock"...which is something that a LOT of games are moving towards in order to appeal to bigger audience numbers. 

I don't like the idea of a mobile base, and I DEFINITELY don't like the idea of someone who is pounding out levels left and right having the advantage of more powerful units than me, solely because I may not play as much as them.  Hopefully, their matchmaking setup will be PRISTINE...because otherwise, we're looking at what could be a bad final chapter to an otherwise great series. 

Bring back base-building and make this a TRADITIONAL Command & Conquer game.  Otherwise, they are seriously pushing away the fans that MADE THE FRANCHISE POPULAR in the first place.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#89  Edited By Crono
    @jakob187 said:
    " They're taking base-building out of the game?  I'm instantly turned off due to that.  Look, I loved how Dawn of War II had no base-building, and I loved the different and unique ways that Company of Heroes offered up "base-building"...but part of Command & Conquer IS the base-building portion of the game.  People can complain about "micro" this and "micro" that all they want, but let's be honest:  C&C, the main series, has always been able "what's a good build order, how do I get to stomping that battalion as quick as possible".  That's part of the STRATEGY in the name "real-time STRATEGY".  There's more to strategy than just "oh, they have scissors, so I choose rock"...which is something that a LOT of games are moving towards in order to appeal to bigger audience numbers.  I don't like the idea of a mobile base, and I DEFINITELY don't like the idea of someone who is pounding out levels left and right having the advantage of more powerful units than me, solely because I may not play as much as them.  Hopefully, their matchmaking setup will be PRISTINE...because otherwise, we're looking at what could be a bad final chapter to an otherwise great series.  Bring back base-building and make this a TRADITIONAL Command & Conquer game.  Otherwise, they are seriously pushing away the fans that MADE THE FRANCHISE POPULAR in the first place. "
    Well you certainly saved me a lot of time from having to write my own, extremely similar, feelings about this announcement.  QFT.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#90  Edited By big_jon
    @Coltonio7:
    I loved cnc 3, I played hundreds of hours of it. But I like the base building of cnc, this worries me. Also no mammoth tanks, Come on?
    monkey523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By monkey523

No base building? Leveling system? AT-ATs?   In C&C? No thank you!!

Zanthox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Zanthox

This could be a dream come true... I am just sad that it is supposed to be the last one... ;-(

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#93  Edited By jakob187
    @Crono: LOLUMAD?  =  P  Sorry that I was able to get it out there before you. 

I've seriously been thinking about this all day at work, and it still just pisses me off that they would say "hey, for the final game in the canon, let's completely fuck with everything that people know from the franchise!!!". 

These details about C&C4 kind of make me feel like I just walked out of seeing Transformers 2.
    Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the direction of mechs, I'll give this one a chance.

phatbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By phatbrain

All the C&C3 stuff didn't grab me.  I hope I can get into this one.

JuggaloAcidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#96  Edited By JuggaloAcidman
    @dagas said:
    "Another game for the 'modern generation' read people that all have attention defecit disorder. What happened to RTS games being about building a base and making strategic decisions? "

Fucking A!!! I agree! I used to play games of Total Annhilation that would last for an entire day! 1 match, 1 ENTIRE DAY! Remember engineer rushing in CC2 with the drill transports... Pop in their base, take it, and sell it out from under them. The first time you saw a Mammoth tank pull out of your factory... The good old days of RTS games... So I guess EA is intent on murdering Command and Conquer! Whats wrong with base building again? I love base building! It's why I play RTS games! This really sucks. Leave that crap to Dawn of War and bring back base building!!!!  

p.s. I hope Supreme Commander 2 doesn't get a case of the crazies like CC4!
    MarcusOfLycia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MarcusOfLycia
    @JuggaloAcidman said:
    " @dagas said:
    "Another game for the 'modern generation' read people that all have attention defecit disorder. What happened to RTS games being about building a base and making strategic decisions? "
    Fucking A!!! I agree! I used to play games of Total Annhilation that would last for an entire day! 1 match, 1 ENTIRE DAY! Remember engineer rushing in CC2 with the drill transports... Pop in their base, take it, and sell it out from under them. The first time you saw a Mammoth tank pull out of your factory... The good old days of RTS games... So I guess EA is intent on murdering Command and Conquer! Whats wrong with base building again? I love base building! It's why I play RTS games! This really sucks. Leave that crap to Dawn of War and bring back base building!!!!   p.s. I hope Supreme Commander 2 doesn't get a case of the crazies like CC4! "
    Exactly. I mean, first person shooters don't get better when they remove aiming. Why should removing a key ingredient from an RTS "improve" it either?

There's a reason I don't buy a lot of newer games, and it certainly has to do with this. I'd rather play older RTS games any day at this point... which is rather sad... there's so much they could do today with current technology that they aren't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.