Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

Turn back the clock yet again in EALA's third installment of the popular alternate-historical RTS, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.

Removing some screenshots from this page. Self censoring sucks.

dudewhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dudewhat

So yea, basically I have been told I went to far with the screenshots, which is funny because I have 500 more in my folder which I will never post on this page. I will still upload them to my gallery so you can view all of my screenshots, completely uncensored by mods, HERE. I know some of you enjoy the screenshots un-edited un-censored so your going to have to watch my gallery for that.

I will still be uploading videos but have not yet been given permission to upload them to the videos tab and instead am using filefront.com and linking them to my blog & forum post "Exclusive HD Red Alert 3 Beta Videos." on the Red Alert 3 page. Again, unedited HD.

As for the accusations that I am uploading content because I care about points and the like, I have requested my points be lowered to 5,000 as I don't care about them or like the attention they bring. I just like uploading screenshots & video of games I am playing. I find the whole points thing silly, and instead of gaining more points for one thing then another everyone should just get points based on how long they worked on whatever it is that they are doing. It should be an incentive for spending time on the site and doing anything. I find the whole argument absurd, content is content you either add it or you don't.

EDIT: My points won't be lowered as I asked however he said for me to make sure that I not add screenshots to the Red Alert 3 gallery that are similar to each other in the future.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm all for people being passionate about games and uploading screenshots...but dude...you really did sort of go overboard there. A lot of those images are so similar that they may as well be identical.

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By joshs

When there are more pictures than completely sentences on the overview page, it is way too much. Images go in galleries. If you are not willing to write an actual article for the overview page, don't do anything to it. Especially just putting a bunch of screenshots on it as if it replaces an article.

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

Yeah the thing people are annoyed about is what you did with the overview page, I haven't looked at the C&C 3 page but dude, go and sort out the first decade page before I do. You just turned the overview page into a screenshot gallery... just upload all of your screenshots into the screenshots section.

The overview page is for information accompanied by a couple of screenshots when they are relevant. For example you could write a paragraph about mammoth tanks and then put a screenshot next to it of some mammoth tanks in action.

We all appretiate screenshots just don't cover overview pages with them.

dudewhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By dudewhat

Responding to JoshS & Newten, who are referring to the brokenThe First Decade page which I couldn't edit even if I wanted to. That page was a work in progress as I did the screenshots first before writing the article, I would have added the text as I did to the Command & Conquer Saga page. The First Decade's edit page broke right after I added the screenshots and so I could not add the text. I reported it to snide and he attempted to fix it and did to a extent but both pages are still broken and unable to be edited.

Both of you went way off topic for this thread which was refering to the pictures I placed in the Red Alert 3's image gallery, not another game page's overview wiki page. Josh should know why that page only has screenshots as he posted in the bug thread 3 times. Newten on the other hand doesn't understand that this post was made because I was asked to delete images from this image gallery, not any page's overview which I submitted as a BUG 11 days ago that I couldn't edit that page.

Intill then please use THIS thread whenever you want to discuss why I cannot edit that page. This thread should only involve your satisfaction/disatisfaction with the screenshots I uploaded to the Image Gallery of the Red Alert 3 page as I have not edited this page's overview. Which I agree with I should have not uploaded some of the images that are similar to each other. So please, if you want to talk about that page you should help me keep that bug post bumped and get the attention of snide that I still cannot edit The First Decade's page with text which I will do when I can as I already wrote it. Once I can edit that page I will it was never my intention to make a page filled only with screenshots.

Back on topic now, It should be noted that I was told I no longer have to delete some of the images I uploaded to this gallery 3 days ago.

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

Sorry for the misunderstanding dudewhat, should have done my research first. I'll go and check the page out to see if I can edit it (although it sounds like I won't be able to, but I'll check anyway) And I might just bump that thread for you. I'm a Command & Conquer player myself so I appretiate all the stuff you do for the pages.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.