Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Aug 20, 1999

The sequel to 1995's genre defining Command & Conquer, Tiberian Sun takes place in a bleak future where the tiberium infestation has spread across the world, and made large regions uninhabitable, and the long dormant Brotherhood of NOD starting a surprise offensive against the GDI forces.

Thanks EA - what a gift!

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By diz

I've downloaded the free Tiberian Sun game from EA, as part of their marketing campaign for a new C&C game. It's awesome!

Having never played it before, I can't believe how good this game is. It also runs great on the crappy micro-laptop that I use for webbing. I usually only play console games and did indeed try the C&C Red Alert game for the 360. But I gave up that one after the training mission, thinking it was far too convoluted and confusing. 

Tiberian Sun is so much less demanding (hence more accessible and enjoyable to me). The first few missions allow ridiculous levels of base building and gently ease you into the game's "concepts" without tutorials.  What makes it all the better for me is that it also runs on a poor atom-powered laptop, off an SD card too! Aparently, I've read it also works on Windows 7 too.

Seeing as the forum for this game is blank, I thought I'd big the game up here a bit.  

http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic    and scroll down to download TS, Firestorm and Red Alert for the PC. 
    Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Capum15

I can't imagine going back to play those after playing the later ones (ie. RA2, YR).

I like RA3, though everyone seems to hate it. I don't like the new style for the Apocalypse tanks though.

But I do have The First Decade installed, so I could just play them whenever.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

Tiberian Sun is a timeless classic in my mind. It's still as fun today as it was a decade ago on my grandpa's Windows 95. I started playing through the campaign again recently after tweaking the .ini file so that the game would run at 1680x1050, and that's made the game look as beautiful and sharp as I remember.

It looks like EA will never be able to replicate Westwood's success, but at least we still have the classics to fall back on. :3

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous

I used to love the hell out of Tiberian Sun years ago, but after playing Red Alert 2, I could never get back into it.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By lead_farmer

Tiberian Sun was so much fun.  I can remember running over my buddies army with a harvester.  It's nice to read that people can still enjoy it.

Seriously though, were Titans and Wolverines not effing cool?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.