Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Command & Conquer

Game » consists of 1 releases.

Command & Conquer, originally known as Command & Conquer Generals 2, was a free-to-play real-time strategy game developed by Victory Games. The game was officially cancelled on October 29th, 2013.

If you didn't see it before, it's completely apparent now.

• 59 results
    psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#51  Edited By psykhophear

@Hailinel said:

@babblinmule said:

@Psykhophear said:

I saw the trailer but I'm not buying it. EA has ruined the Command & Conquer name and I don't think I will ever play any C&C games with their name on it. Just give me the original Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert any day.

Ok this has been bugging me for a while; why are people still linking to the wiki pages midpost. I can understand if its a super obscure game, but I'm pretty sure that everyone reading this knows what EA and Command and Conquer are.

Because the functionality is there and there's no harm in doing so.

Exactly. It's just a habit of mine of linking 'em down.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Evilmetal

Look at this ancient interview from June 2010 -- http://www.gamereplays.org/redalert3/portals.php?show=news&news_id=633194 
    "Candid interview with former C&C Developer Greg Black"

8. What do you think about Command&Conquer 4? Many people are state C&C 4 is not a game true to the C&C franchise.

It's unfair of me to pass judgement on C&C4 as I did not work on it nor have I played the final game. I was however at the studio during much of C&C4's development and have played pre-release builds. The important thing to know is that C&C4 was never meant to be a true Tiberium universe canonical game, but rather an experiment in online play. It originally started as out an Asian market online-only version of C&C 3. At some point the company executives decided it made the most business sense to add a single player campaign, call it C&C4, and put it in a box. The team of course protested this change in direction but the decision stood. The team did what they could to make a good game given the realities inside EA, but ultimately it was the product of a dysfunctional corporate culture.

You should look at the whole interview, it's interesting. EA wanted to have C&C4 function like an Asian inspired RTS.  It was to be mainly an online game, the single-player tacked on at the end.  

The inclusion of Bioware into the C&C world suggests that EA business folks are looking to revisit the "scene of the crime", but with a twist; the Bioware twist, that will include their knowledge from RPGs they've made in the past.

EA's end goal is to monetize their games via micro-transactions using digital currency. 

C&C4 failed as a game because it was a sudden change of direction. C&C4 had no gameplay connection with C&C at all. It was a new gameplay style with the C&C universe stitched in.  They should've forked the universe if they wanted to test stuff out, rather than ruin the C&C series completely.... C&C5: "The True Final Chapter, there was no C&C4"

Now with General2, they are attaching "Frostbite" to it, to break this RTS genre out of the niche and into the minds of many --- "We're gonna make C&C more accessible to players".  In the minds of BF3 players, in addition to the hamster and wheel, will be "hmm... I'm playing on the frostbite engine when I play BF3..... C&C Generals 2 on the Frostbite engine? Must be awesome too. Pre-ordered".    Picture the C&C:G2 box with logos: Bioware, DICE, EA, Frostbite...   an amazing psychological attack against the consumer. RTS fan or not, people will be buying it.

I think those who are interested in C&C Generals 2, after seeing the unveil, should acquire the original C&C Generals now; so as to have some background with respect to the Generals game. This way, down the line, they won't be able to fool the people with gameplay gimmicks.
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By buzz_killington

How do you know? Maybe the Doctors are very involved in managing their subsidiary studios and making sure they put out quality games. Victory is ran by the creator of Might and Magic, so I'm pretty psyched for Generals 2.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Funkydupe

Kill or save the General?

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DukesT3

Yo, thats what happens when you sign a deal with the Devil, I'm looking at you IW.

ick_bop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By ick_bop

Mass Effect 1: I'm Commander Shepard, the first human spectre and I'm out hunting a rogue spectre named Saren, along the way I find dudes. Turns out the real bad guys were sentient spaceships the whole time and Saren is the Terminator.

Mass Effect 2: I'm Commander Shepard, I died, then came back thanks to racism and now I'm hunting bug men because they eating us, along the way I find dudes. Turns out the real bad guys were sentient spaceships the whole time and now I have to fight the Terminator.

Dragon Age: I'm generic hero, a Gray Warden, I'm here to stop the blight and political intrigue, along the way I find dudes and sex. Turns out the real bad guy is humanity, I died.(or not)

Dragon Age II: I'm Hawke and fuck if I know.

anystorysucksifquicklysummarized.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By ftomato

Dr. Ray Muzyka (head of BioWare) is now in charge of multiple EA studios (including Victory), which were renamed to be part of the BioWare brand. It was likely his choice - he's very high up in EA. He mentioned in an interview at some point that he finds it odd that people say EA affected BioWare, since the management of BioWare is basically the management of EA - note I'm saying this from memory, so heavily paraphrased (and potentially inaccurate?).

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Hameyadea

I liked the direction Generals was aiming for in the past, what bothered me was the Single-Player felt like an afterthought (no cutscenes, only a few missions to each side, no real conclusion). Instead of jumping the gun saying I WILL PRE-OREDER THIS GAME RIGHT NOW or BURN EA, BURN, I'll wait for Giant Bomb's Quick Look and review (Brad and Jeff seems like good choices) before I'll decide or with side of the fence I'm in.

Although I did knew that I won't buy C&C4 when they announced the removal of base-building and turning in into a FPS-RTS hybrid bastard child. It's like eating 2 tacos before going to see a play or a movie, some things you just don't do.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#59  Edited By Vinny_Says

I realized something the other day. Above all the crazy reaper madness and all the emotional character development bullshit I only care about who Shepard will bone in the next Mass Effect....

Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games ever, but I'm preparing for bitter dissapointment in 2012 even though I've been avoiding all ME3 content on the internet...weird how the world works.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.