Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Command & Conquer

Game » consists of 1 releases.

Command & Conquer, originally known as Command & Conquer Generals 2, was a free-to-play real-time strategy game developed by Victory Games. The game was officially cancelled on October 29th, 2013.

Is Bioware to EA the same as Blizzard to Activision?

• 58 results
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By jakob187

I think people keep forgetting (or just not being informed at all) that Generals 2 is being developed by Bioware Victory, which is NOT the same CORE Bioware that was know who makes all these other products like Mass Effect and such.

People DO know that Bioware is more than just one studio, right?

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Vorbis
    ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By ColinWright
    @jakob187: Nobody does, apparently.  
    deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By deerokus
    @Vorbis: Well, sort of.  Both Blizzard and Activision are subsidiaries of the holding company Acitivision Blizzard, which was formed by the merger of Activision and Vivendi Games.  That company is itself majority owned by Vivendi (the conglomerate which owns Universal Music, Canal + etc.), and has Vivendi guys on the board (the Chairman of Vivendi is the Chairman of Activision Blizzard) .  Kotick is CEO of that holding company, so ultimately it's an Activision guy in charge of Blizzard, but Blizzard are not really 'owned' by Activision in that sense, they're two distinct companies under one umbrella. 

Corporate structures like this are quite complex, to say the least.  As any fule kno, of course, Vivendi started out as the public water company for Lyon.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By mikemcn

I'm trying to think of another industry where the underdog does everything in its power to completely mimic its competitors products as closely as possible. I can't think of any. It's like EA is producing Iphone knockoffs. At least the games EA makes are generally pretty good.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Subjugation

@raiz265 said:

@Subjugation said:

Why am I getting the distinct impression that I'm one of the only people that enjoyed Generals?

Huh?

It was quite popular, I don't get what you're talking about.

That's what I thought, but the responses in this thread make it seem like everyone treats it like garbage. I really liked the different generals and the different play styles they brought.

Falk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By Falk

@Mikemcn: @Mikemcn said:

I'm trying to think of another industry where the underdog does everything in its power to completely mimic its competitors products as closely as possible. I can't think of any. It's like EA is producing Iphone knockoffs. At least the games EA makes are generally pretty good.

EA making an RTS is nothing new.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By MikkaQ

Does everything have to be directly comparable and parallel?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't get where exactly you're coming from? It is Bioware Victory who consists of (mostly?) ex-EALA guys (you know, the ones who made Command & Conquer before) who is making the game. Not the Bioware who makes Mass Effect and/or Dragon Age. And EA have always been making RTS games, it's not like they are trying to break into the genre like with The Old Republic.

Also the first Generals was awesome, easily in my top 10 RTS games, maybe even a bit higher...?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.