Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Company of Heroes Online

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Relic's cancelled WWII RTS game, redesigned as a free-to-play online game. Its cancellation was confirmed in a THQ investor's call in February 2011.

Anybody in the beta?

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rockanomics

I just started the other day, got two games in. Seems cool, I haven't leveled up much so it's kinda just COH with limited yet strange support powers for me, but I'm liking it so far.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ISuperGamerI

I have been downloading it since this evening and it's still downloading cause it went from 14 MB/s to an average of 30 kb/s for some reason. I have to download another 750 MB (the game is almost 7 GB to download).

Schmieds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Schmieds

Yeah the download is taking a while

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mosdl

Free key for anyone who wants one - 
    a09bd831b8ff2c45497d30ca6558fdd2 

infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By infamous021

Played it, and I couldn't be more disappointed.
    -The game is still unbalanced with the axis winning the majority of battles
    -the graphics were downgraded from the original COH
    -Less graphics options to fiddle with , benchmark option has been taken away too
    -leveling up system seems pointless since you gain upgrades for only a limited amount of time
    -Loooonnngggg patching process
    -Its essentially a rehash of the original with a new way to choose the different commander types, nothing is new and I got sick of this game a long while ago
    -matchmaking is seriously broken

I know its in beta, but wow, this isn't even a new game and it has this many problems, sounds pathetic to me.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @infamous021 said:
    " Played it, and I couldn't be more disappointed. -The game is still unbalanced with the axis winning the majority of battles -the graphics were downgraded from the original COH -Less graphics options to fiddle with , benchmark option has been taken away too-leveling up system seems pointless since you gain upgrades for only a limited amount of time -Loooonnngggg patching process -Its essentially a rehash of the original with a new way to choose the different commander types, nothing is new and I got sick of this game a long while ago -matchmaking is seriously broken  I know its in beta, but wow, this isn't even a new game and it has this many problems, sounds pathetic to me. "
    What are you talking about? I think the graphics are exactly the same as the original game, even with less options to choose from. Also, I think the level system is a great idea since it gets players to keep playing the game and there are in-game items that you can buy and enable to gain an advantage, which is similar to Battlefield Heroes.
    infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By infamous021
    @ISuperGamerI said:

" @infamous021 said:

" Played it, and I couldn't be more disappointed. -The game is still unbalanced with the axis winning the majority of battles -the graphics were downgraded from the original COH -Less graphics options to fiddle with , benchmark option has been taken away too-leveling up system seems pointless since you gain upgrades for only a limited amount of time -Loooonnngggg patching process -Its essentially a rehash of the original with a new way to choose the different commander types, nothing is new and I got sick of this game a long while ago -matchmaking is seriously broken  I know its in beta, but wow, this isn't even a new game and it has this many problems, sounds pathetic to me. "
    What are you talking about? I think the graphics are exactly the same as the original game, even with less options to choose from. Also, I think the level system is a great idea since it gets players to keep playing the game and there are in-game items that you can buy and enable to gain an advantage, which is similar to Battlefield Heroes. "
    I think you already know I'm talking about? I own the original game and decided to compare the two side by side, and textures are more blurry in CoH online. A few other users in the game's beta forums claim this aswell.
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @infamous021 said:
    " @ISuperGamerI said:

" @infamous021 said:

What are you talking about? I think the graphics are exactly the same as the original game, even with less options to choose from. Also, I think the level system is a great idea since it gets players to keep playing the game and there are in-game items that you can buy and enable to gain an advantage, which is similar to Battlefield Heroes. "
    I think you already know I'm talking about? I own the original game and decided to compare the two side by side, and textures are more blurry in CoH online. A few other users in the game's beta forums claim this aswell. "
    I also own the original game and the graphics (including textures) look the same, maybe it's your GPU or something.
    Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By ComradeKritstov
    @mosdl said:
    " Free key for anyone who wants one -  a09bd831b8ff2c45497d30ca6558fdd2  "
    Thanks! =D
    infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By infamous021
    @ISuperGamerI: No, that could make the game shitty if both an ati radeon 3870 and a separate computer with a 4850 couldn't run the game normally. Like I said, I run the game on max, and other people have claimed the same problems.
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @infamous021 said:
    " @ISuperGamerI: No, that could make the game shitty if both an ati radeon 3870 and a separate computer with a 4850 couldn't run the game normally. Like I said, I run the game on max, and other people have claimed the same problems. "
    Rofl those aren't really good GPUs try the game with a 4870.
    infamous021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By infamous021
    @ISuperGamerI said:
    " @infamous021 said:
    " @ISuperGamerI: No, that could make the game shitty if both an ati radeon 3870 and a separate computer with a 4850 couldn't run the game normally. Like I said, I run the game on max, and other people have claimed the same problems. "
    Rofl those aren't really good GPUs try the game with a 4870. "
    Your joking right? I run both in crossfire and you think they're not good? Search up the benchmarks and come back here. Incase you forgot, CoH is from 2006, even an 8800 GT can max this game out. If you don't have anything useful to say, don't say it, cause I'm sick of your bullshit man.
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @infamous021 said:

" @ISuperGamerI said:

" @infamous021 said:
    Rofl those aren't really good GPUs try the game with a 4870. "
    Your joking right? I run both in crossfire and you think they're not good? Search up the benchmarks and come back here. Incase you forgot, CoH is from 2006, even an 8800 GT can max this game out. If you don't have anything useful to say, don't say it, cause I'm sick of your bullshit man. "
    Rofl why so serious? :P

First of all bro, you never mentioned they were in crossfire and second, a 3870 is crap, the only good GPU is the 4850. Also, I have a 8800 GT and I know for a fact that it can run games on max, even new ones such as Starcraft 2. If you wanna talk about GPU benchmarks, then you might want to look at this lol.
    secretagent099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By secretagent099
    @ISuperGamerI: Nah the 3870 easily runs this game just as well as a 8800 GT (if not better). And as someone also in the beta, I can agree with that other dude, this game is overrated as hell. I haven't played the original, but seriously, it doesn't feel fun to play and I remember it getting some extremely good reviews. I tried skirmish, campaign mode, and multiplayer ranging from 1vs1 to 4vs4. It all sucks, with the occasional interesting 1 vs 1 battle.

Graphics look crappy too, since I've played DOW2, a game that uses the same engine and it looks more colourful and vibrant. I'm considering just uninstalling the beta altogether, and the 6 GB download was...damn.

Relic should just go back to it's roots :(
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @secretagent099 said:
    " @ISuperGamerI: Nah the 3870 easily runs this game just as well as a 8800 GT (if not better). And as someone also in the beta, I can agree with that other dude, this game is overrated as hell. I haven't played the original, but seriously, it doesn't feel fun to play and I remember it getting some extremely good reviews. I tried skirmish, campaign mode, and multiplayer ranging from 1vs1 to 4vs4. It all sucks, with the occasional interesting 1 vs 1 battle.  Graphics look crappy too, since I've played DOW2, a game that uses the same engine and it looks more colourful and vibrant. I'm considering just uninstalling the beta altogether, and the 6 GB download was...damn.  Relic should just go back to it's roots :( "
    It's not a graphic powerhouse game and that is your opinion, the only thing that bugs me is the matchmaking system, cause it takes literally 15 minutes to find a game.
    secretagent099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By secretagent099
    @ISuperGamerI said:
    " that is your opinion "
    No shit sherlock!
    emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By emkeighcameron

Why the hell are we even arguing about the GRAPHICS of COH? They've never been stellar, even in the latest builds. It's the balance and matchmaking that are important, and both of them are (apparently) still on the rocks. So, no thanks, COHO beta.

Schmieds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Schmieds
    @infamous021 said:
    Okay. The game has some imbalances, but none are extremely gamebreaking. I'm playing armor right now (that's Americans) and I regularly get winning streaks. I don't really care about graphics since they're mostly the same. As for upgrades and heroes, the point is that you can buy extra charges for them. It is a rehash of the original with heroes, deeper company trees, and more unit buffs, but that's quite a bit for a free game. They could have easily slapped $10 or more on this.
    skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By skyline7284

I'm in it now too, i think the graphics look decent (Considering the game is what.. 4 years old? Running it on my 4850).  The download wasn't too bad, took maybe 5 hours to download for me. 

My big gripe with the game is that they encourage everyone to play the Reward Matches but the system is broken.  I'm a level 12, and have been paired with Level 1's all the way up to Level 24's... it doesn't work! 

Oh and i'm a bit confused, what is the difference between your rank (Private, PVFC, etc.) and your Level?

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShockD

It's alright but I really don't approve of those "supply" stuff and COHO cash. But hey at least you get a SP campaign for free!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.