Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 07, 2009

Tales of Valor is a stand-alone expansion to the critically acclaimed PC strategy game Company of Heroes.

Poland's Last Stand!

jasondaplock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By jasondaplock

I understand that it would completely break the continuity of the game and make it more of a what-if when fighting the other factions, but I think Relic should put some more exotic factions in the game. It seems very likely the Italians and Russians (or possibly Japanese) will be be making a debut, but what about Poland or France or China? They are rarely ever covered in games and would make for equally amusing play (except maybe the French).

So what if Poland lost in four or five weeks? That's more than enough time to either make a campaign about their failure, or to make one of the first-ever RTS portrayals of the Blitz where you play as the Germans, crushing the Slovak nation as fast as possible? There's totally potential there.

And besides, why are the Germans so important they get two factions? They lost too...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Can I build a missile defense system to stop Russia's invasion?

yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By yorro

Japanese have a unique structures in WWII such as hidden pillbox.

Russians has lot of potential in the campaign mode. They got a lot of history going.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

I think some sort of Russian city defence campaign would be very interesting or maybe marines clearing out the Japanese islands.  I suppose the second would require two new factions tho

Company of Heroes interests me because its one of the first RTS WWII games and there are so many battles that haven't even been touched by RTS games that would be very interesting.  Thats why I was kinda disapointed by 2 seperate campaigns dedicated to the D-Day landings
    jasondaplock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By jasondaplock
    jakob187 said:
    "Can I build a missile defense system to stop Russia's invasion?"
    If only...

Relic doesn't want to mess with the historical aspect of the game at all. I can't really blame them for it, but moving into the realm of obscure fantastic technology would be a great addition at this stage in COH's lifespan. There is so much of that kind of ground to cover in a more realistic fashion than is normally attributed to it. I believe Company of Heroes and Relic to be up to the task.
    Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Joru

Poland wouldn't really work. At that time the best part of their army was the cavalry and if you want to stay true to history it would be completely unbalanced.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By c1337us
    Joru said:
    "Poland wouldn't really work. At that time the best part of their army was the cavalry and if you want to stay true to history it would be completely unbalanced."
    DLC Horse Armor?
    badgerT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By badgerT
    Joru said:
    "Poland wouldn't really work. At that time the best part of their army was the cavalry and if you want to stay true to history it would be completely unbalanced."

And yet they did so much better than France.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Well the Polish don't necessarily need to be a playable faction, they can just be a part of a campaign, say Germany's push to the East.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.