Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 11, 2008

Ethan Thomas returns in Condemned 2: Bloodshot, a melee-focused first person horror game. Ethan battles with alcoholism and his own inner demons while tasked with a mystery surrounding the city's chaos and dark secrets behind a new epidemic.

5 stars.... for the first 2/3rds of the game

thomasmolby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By thomasmolby

I am the only one who thinks this games dies near the end? so disappointing :(

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By efrucht

I feel the same way. The game became to much like an action FPS, which are a dime-a-dozen these days. The melee combat was top-notch! The game was very close to perfection in my eyes, but the pacing and gun play hold it back. Monolith is good with listening to critical responses and making corrections, so I know that Condemned 3 will be perfection.

thomasmolby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By thomasmolby

Thats good to hear... i hope they have a better story for the next game too. I was so disappointed, when i discovered thoose creppy levels with the tar freaks were just a dream or something...  that was so stupid! And i hope they will just forget about the power that you discover near the end... man that was stupid

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By sodiumCyclops

i havent hit the end, im too scared!!!

SymbolliC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By SymbolliC

It is a sequel and since there will be a third, I not surprised story wise this isn't the best one, since it just filling you in more on the Oro and Ethan's involvement. I found it to be just as fun as the first one in most aspects but I thought the end itself wasn't as good, but still okay. I really enjoyed SKX's house and all that in the end of the first one.

Lazlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Lazlow

I agree, story wise with the cult and the crazy screaming powers it sort of went strange near the end. I more enjoyed the story of the first one where it was more a gritty, crime thriller with some strange hallucinations but more of a focus on catching a psychotic serial killer amongst the criminal underworld in the wrong side of town. This one I suppose the story developed more on wider events, accounting for much of what was going on and tying back to things hinted in the first one. Explaining why everyone in the city was becoming crazy and violent didn't appeal to me, nor was the aspect of a universal cult trying to control humanity. That said it was still an awesome game.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By apathylad

I still haven't played this game, but the cult theme seems against the spirit of the first game. Yahtzee compared it to Indigo Prophecy on how the story went all weird at the end, and you getting powers, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.