The Best of the Fear Gauntlet - Part 1

• 57 results
Posted by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

In the past couple of months my favourite piece of Giant Bomb content wasn't even Giant Bomb content. I'm talking about The Fear Gauntlet. I've always had an interest in horror games, so I knew it would be great when I first heard the announcement. Now, after 25 episodes and with the completion of Condemned behind us, I felt the greatest moments had to be collected. So here it is: The Best of the Fear Gauntlet.

I don't usually do a lot of video editing, so constructive criticism is very welcome.

#1 Posted by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

In the past couple of months my favourite piece of Giant Bomb content wasn't even Giant Bomb content. I'm talking about The Fear Gauntlet. I've always had an interest in horror games, so I knew it would be great when I first heard the announcement. Now, after 25 episodes and with the completion of Condemned behind us, I felt the greatest moments had to be collected. So here it is: The Best of the Fear Gauntlet.

I don't usually do a lot of video editing, so constructive criticism is very welcome.

#2 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

Great compilation man, and nice editing of the Bee Gees scene!

#3 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

I APPROVE THIS VIDEO.

#4 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1174 posts) -

Nice editing, great video.

#5 Posted by Flaime (525 posts) -

Pure quality!

#6 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Excellent work!

#7 Posted by Sarumarine (2184 posts) -

It's the Diet Squish montage I always wanted! Great work!

#8 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -

Great video! These always seem like they would take a long time to put together.

Fear Gauntlet really is one my favorite things to ever come out of Giant Bomb. I'm so glad Matt & Steve got the chance to do this.

#9 Posted by Noccee (57 posts) -

Awesome duder! Really nice editing!

#10 Posted by AlmostSwedish (549 posts) -

I love this series.

You forgot about "I've been working on a railroad, all the live long DIE!", but otherwise it was great.

#11 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

Been looking forward to something to do a Turboman-esque thing of these vids.

#12 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10548 posts) -

That's pretty awesome.

#13 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11492 posts) -

This has made me decide to actually watch Fear Gauntlet again, because I fell off after they finished doing Resident Evil.

#14 Posted by gamb1t (964 posts) -

pretty cool, kudos to oyou!

#15 Edited by DougQuaid (1273 posts) -

Soda party!

Matt and Steve, official ambassadors of fictional sodas.

#16 Edited by Aetheldod (3514 posts) -

Nice editing , but how come no "mind invasion"? D:

#17 Edited by Nentisys (886 posts) -

Nice vid!

Although I think my favorite "joke" of the Fear Gauntlet were those library references.

#18 Posted by probablytuna (3547 posts) -

Excellent video duder and yes, the Fear Gauntlet series has become one of my favourite Giant Bomb content.

#19 Posted by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

Thanks for all the feedback!

@Aetheldod said:

Nice editing , but how come no "mind invasion"? D:

It's hard to decide what should be included in a compilation like this. Not every clip is equally funny or interesting, and I left out some of the clips that I was too unsure about. The "mind entering scene" was one of those, as well as "the sliding body" and countless clips from Resident Evil.

Perhaps some of them will find their spot somewhere in part 2.

#20 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

I could really go for some diet squish.

#21 Posted by TurboMan (7418 posts) -

@TMThomsen: Good job! I'm glad that someone else did this, because I've been getting a few requests to do it myself and I was way behind on Fear Gauntlets!

All of the condemned stuff looks fun, I'm curious to see how long the fear gauntlet goes on.

@dudeglove said:

Been looking forward to something to do a Turboman-esque thing of these vids.

I love you, Benjamin.

#22 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

@TurboMan: Never change, Derek.

#23 Posted by TMThomsen (2070 posts) -

@TurboMan: Thanks! No secret I was highly inspired by your "Best of Giant Bomb Quick Looks" series.

#24 Posted by cyraxible (683 posts) -

This is great stuff.

Perhaps for part 2 you could mine all those time Matt tried to style and failed terribly.

#25 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Great stuff, man! Good job :)

#26 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

The part with the fake drinks went on too long, but otherwise great work!

#27 Posted by gbrading (2002 posts) -

Those mannequin men really are from the Bee Gees. Great video!

#28 Posted by buzz_clik (6928 posts) -

That was put together excellently.

#29 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

That was great. I haven't seen more than the first-ish episodes of the Condemned Fear Gauntlet but I am totally gonna check them out now. Also, I love the mix of scares with comedy because I never knew which was going to happen. The part where the corpse was being pulled along the ceiling scared the shit out of me! I yelled as loud as Matt and Steve!

#30 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3023 posts) -

Just now saw this, and it's amazing. Fear Gauntlet has been fantastic so far... although I think you missed an opportunity to throw in a last second scare at the end of the soda montage. I was anticipating it the whole time for no payoff!

#31 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

That was awesome, great work dude.

#32 Posted by Krenor (469 posts) -

great video

#33 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

Excellent video indeed! Now I wanna go back and watch the Condemned Fear Gauntlet all over again!

#34 Posted by Fragonard (74 posts) -

Awesome. Can't wait for more of these.

#35 Posted by Klarion18 (74 posts) -

Great Job! The axe throwing and memories of said axe throwing were my favourite parts.

#36 Posted by Lokno (385 posts) -

@AlmostSwedish said:

I love this series.

You forgot about "I've been working on a railroad, all the live long DIE!", but otherwise it was great.

I agree. Still, great video! Love that you ended on the soda machine commentary.

#37 Posted by Roomrunner (792 posts) -

You made me remember that spaz out in Castlevainia 64. That was great.

As far as editing goes: I personally would have done more jump cuts than fade outs, but I loved the comp overall.

#38 Posted by b33 (413 posts) -

Team Diet Squish

#39 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Kessler is definitely the funniest staff member on Giant Bomb.

#40 Posted by obscurefan (282 posts) -

I think you did a great job man, like with the flashback joke and the inspector gadget song, great little jokes that fit in there well.

#41 Posted by benson (318 posts) -

@Roomrunner said:

As far as editing goes: I personally would have done more jump cuts than fade outs, but I loved the comp overall.

I agree, the fade outs felt a little weird.

Other than that, nice video. I really liked the soda compilation at the end.

#42 Edited by Red12b (9080 posts) -

oh fuck..

OH FUCK!

jesus

JESUS!

FUCK!

OH JESUS!

#43 Posted by Red12b (9080 posts) -

bee gee sequence was the best thing

#44 Posted by Romination (2776 posts) -

The "2, 3 days old" montage was great.

The parts where you put in the extra stuff, like the Bee Gees part and the flashback, were the best.

#45 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

That was pretty awesome dude thanks so much I had fun watching this. I will put it on my G+ for everyone to see.

#46 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Awesome. While I've enjoyed the Fear Gauntlet, it's just too long for me to watch more than a few minutes here and there, so I really appreciate your effort in doing this. I'm totally watching this tonight after work. Speaking of that, gotta go!

#47 Posted by RelentlessKnight (963 posts) -

I was going to give the fear gauntlet another chance but fuck man, kessler is fucking annoying... thanks for giving me a heachache man!

#48 Posted by me3639 (1729 posts) -

Inclusion of the Bee Gees, genius. nice Job.

#49 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

this is just about perfect. very nicely done :D

#50 Posted by GaspoweR (2824 posts) -

The Bee Gees moment was probably the most hilarious in Fear Gauntlet. This video series is awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.