Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Conduit 2

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Agent Michael Ford makes his return to the Wii in this sequel to High Voltage Software's original sci-fi shooter

Interesting read from obscure gaming site

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mfpantst

Ok tbh, I have no clue why this particular website is in my twitter feed.  (Actually I do, but I really should remove them).  Anywho they put up the following article today:

Link

The link comes from Marooners Rock.  Like I said uber obscure, and I really shouldn't check them out.  Apparently their story has been picked up by N4g. 

Here's the skinny if you want to see if it's worth it to read the story:
    Joystiq gave Conduit 2 a really really low review.  (Arguably deservedly so)
    The writer for Joystiq who reviewed the game links a book he wrote in his signature (the Amazon page where you can buy the book)
    The book was well received based on amazon reviews right up until just after he posted his Joystiq review.  Then a series of 1 star reviews showed up, talking about how bad the book is.  (I have no clue how good the book is actually, prior reviews were good though).
    Anyways- the writer for the website above has posted a screencap he got from an anonymous source showing some dude at High Voltage sending out an internal email encouraging people to "return the favor by writing a reader review" for the book. 

That's the short version, I guess go check out the article, I think that's fairly interesting, and given what I seem to hear as a tone of "the conduit games are horrid, but if they made a 'good' game, the story is cool."  This makes me wonder what will come of this and/or Conduit.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By buzz_killington

Sounds fair, if they actually read the book.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Akrid

Only one of the four reviews are still there... Which makes me think that High Voltage had a company meeting that put the fear into those who wrote the reviews. The one remaining is probably not from High Voltage. 

Either way, that internal email seems innocent enough, albeit a little strange. I figure three jerks just took it the wrong way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.