Why is this game so expensive on Ebay and Amazon???

#1 Posted by supermonkey122 (872 posts) -

Whenever I look for this game on Ebay or amazon it's always $35 or more! What is up with that???
#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Ask the sellers why it's so expensive.

#3 Posted by forestofdeath (252 posts) -

i actually found it at half price books the other day for 10 dollars. TOTALLY jumped on it, after all these years of searching. 
have you tried going to a flea market?

#4 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

$35 is a good price methinks

#5 Posted by alternate (2719 posts) -

It was late on in that generation so likely not that many copies are out there.  Not like super rare but enough to push the price up slightly.

#6 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

Because it's awesome!

#7 Posted by supermonkey122 (872 posts) -

You see, I would buy it but I'm kinda tight on money right now so I can't spend alot. 
#8 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Because it has a poo monster in it.... A FUCKING POO MONSTER!

#9 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

That games easily worth full price.
Not half as bad as the time I saw Super mario RPG for 500 dollars in a game store.

#10 Posted by ESREVER (2697 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" That games easily worth full price. Not half as bad as the time I saw Super mario RPG for 500 dollars in a game store. "
Holy bawls! I still have that game for the SNES and it's instruction booklet. 

I'm currently watching a Long-Play of Conker's Bad Fur Day on the Xbox. Its pretty entertaining, but the voice-overs are painful at times.
#11 Posted by Marmaladebrat (299 posts) -

Yeah, the original Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64 is on my list of old games to look for and purchase. 

I laugh every time I sit down and play Diddy Kong Racing and Conker is just a cute little innocent squirrel in that game. (But I wonder whatever happened to Timber the Tiger and Pipsy the Mouse. TipTup the Turtle at least got himself into a couple of games)

#12 Posted by HypoXenophobia (1045 posts) -

It's expensive because you want it.

#13 Posted by demontium (4710 posts) -
@supermonkey122: It's pretty worth it. I'd recommend live and reloaded, but there's no more online.
#14 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

because it's rare

#15 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11381 posts) -

Supply and demand. Supply is low. Your demand is high. Thus, price goes up.

#16 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

because it's rare

"
i c wut u did thar
#17 Posted by Spark (46 posts) -

Just be glad you don't need the PAL version, I just paid $105 for only the cartridge...

#18 Posted by McShank (1630 posts) -
@Marmaladebrat said:
Yeah, the original Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64 is on my list of old games to look for and purchase.  I laugh every time I sit down and play Diddy Kong Racing and Conker is just a cute little innocent squirrel in that game. (But I wonder whatever happened to Timber the Tiger and Pipsy the Mouse. TipTup the Turtle at least got himself into a couple of games)
Haha I only used tiptup and conker on that game :D... speaking of which i may go play it now.
#19 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Cause Conkers Bad Fur Day is an incredable game that was released at the end of the N64 life cycle so nobody bought it. If you can't afford that the 360 version is much cheaper, and its a much more playable game in this day and age.
#20 Posted by MisterChief (832 posts) -

Michael Pachter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.