Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Contrast

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

A game developed by a small independent company called Compulsion Games. A puzzle platformer that plays with shadows and mixes 3D with 2D perspectives.

Is the frame rate on this this janky for everyone

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Ok loving my PS4 but this game is hands down a disappointment but how the hell is the framer ate this bad? I'm getting stuttering almost all the time when more than just the room in front of you is displayed the frame rate cuts in half or more and even the sound stutters at time how did this ship like this?

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JazGalaxy

Huh. It played like butt for me but I'm not sure I ever noticed slowdown or bad framerate

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Your standards are way too high OP. Stop having high standards.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Its pretty janky, but, its free! I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. It looks to have some neat ideas and ... its free! I'd be more critical if I'd bought it for $15 as I really expected more from it but PS4 owners got a deal.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I got it on PC and got frame rate stutters near one door, for reasons unknown to me, but no other problems asides from that in terms of frame rate.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlexGBRO

with 1/2 patches it will be fixed

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mars said:

Its pretty janky, but, its free! I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. It looks to have some neat ideas and ... its free! I'd be more critical if I'd bought it for $15 as I really expected more from it but PS4 owners got a deal.

Well, if you were already a PS+ Subscriber... it's not free. It's whatever you're paying for a subscription.

I mean, that's ultimately WHY i buy PS+, though. For games like Contrast. So I can't complain too much. But in the end it's just disappointing.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@mars said:

Being free doesn't absolve games of their faults. Some of the worst games I've ever played cost me a relative pittance compared to full-priced retail titles, or nothing at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.