GB Easter egg in IOS version

#1 Posted by Mongoose (218 posts) -

Was just playing the iOS version and went to serve up a corn dog with ketchup, noticed that it was called 'The Gerstmann' ! Nice little touch from the devs there. CLASSIC DAWG. Doesn't happen every time however, seems random.

#2 Posted by StarvingGamer (7918 posts) -

I am super bummed the game doesn't work in 1st gen iPad.

#3 Posted by Tan (425 posts) -

Wow, never thought I'd see such an unsubtle easter egg. That's rad!

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

I still think Jeff is crazy. Mustard on your corndog is the way nature intended.

#5 Posted by Tits_Matador (45 posts) -

There's also a Ryan Davis burger.

#6 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

There's a IOS version? I'll be right back.

Edit: It's only available on iPad D:

#7 Posted by Deathshroud (338 posts) -

@Mongoose: If you already own it on PC do they give you some sort of code to get it on ipad I wonder or do you have to purchase it again?

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (7918 posts) -

@Deathshroud: I'm sure you have to buy it again. Apple is super strict about issuing codes apps.

Sidenote: awesome avatar

#9 Posted by AlisterCat (5470 posts) -

@Deathshroud: You have to buy it again, but it's on sale for launch. I've seen the Ryan Davis burger, but not the Gerstmann.

#10 Posted by Winternet (8002 posts) -

That's pretty cool. Pics?

#11 Posted by Zacagawea (1577 posts) -

Definitely going to have to buy it now.

#12 Posted by deano546 (182 posts) -

Cool, I might pick it up now, on the QL it certainly looked like a game that would suit a touch screen.

#13 Posted by Thompson820 (410 posts) -
#14 Edited by psoplayer (237 posts) -

@Thompson820: As the developer discussed in a blog post a while back, they owe Giant Bomb quite a bit for the success that CSD has found. In the 24 hours following the quick look, sales of the game were triple what it had sold for the first 2 weeks it was out. They also promised a detailed breakdown of sales figures and such in January, which I'm looking forward to, mostly to see if the GB bump was just a spike or had a longer tail.

#15 Posted by KoolAid (821 posts) -

Man, fuck Ryan Davis. I always forget the second cheese. Messing up my streak! I think I picked the wrong t-shirt...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.