I am fully addicted to this game.

#1 Posted by Vigilance (270 posts) -

FULLY.

This is the first non-Firaxis game to really inject me with "one more turn" crack.

#2 Posted by chainreaction01 (175 posts) -

I know what you mean, every time I try to put it down I get an email about something cool and move on to the next day without realizing it. My strategy is pretty much to work backwards, right now I'm serving nice foods (steak, fish, chicken, etc.) and plan to devolve to a five star restaurant serving nothing but burgers and fried chicken. Just have to watch out for that peasant food.

#3 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Yeah I'm pretty hooked to this game. I sell a lot of beer and salad.

#4 Posted by Slay3r1583 (600 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

Yeah I'm pretty hooked to this game. I sell a lot of beer and salad.

Same here. Beer, pop, and salad are always on my menu and I rotate the 4th slot. Any more than 4 items and my buzz seems to go down. This game is so addicting and in fact I think I'm going to go play some more right now.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Cook, Serve , Addiction !

#6 Posted by kre8havoc (173 posts) -

Hamburgers are the worst to make. This game is great!

#7 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -

Washing those damn dishes... I try to avoid plated food so I don't have to deal with how long it takes to wash the dishes anymore

#8 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2196 posts) -

This game looks fantastic and I will be purchasing it as soon as I can.

#9 Posted by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

Can't wait for the Mac version.

#10 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

@kre8havoc said:

Hamburgers are the worst to make. This game is great!

Nah, I'd say the ones where you need to see what's on Page 2 are the hardest ones.

#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Those nachos can go fuck themselves.

#12 Posted by Vigilance (270 posts) -

@SecondPersonShooter said:

Washing those damn dishes... I try to avoid plated food so I don't have to deal with how long it takes to wash the dishes anymore

I supported a kickstarter and got a better wash brush that works in half the time.

How hilarious is that!

#13 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

The only thing I don't like about it is not being able to only sell beer.

#14 Posted by konig_kei (596 posts) -

I fucking love this game, salad is probably my favourite to make but damn fried chicken sells like crazy.

#15 Posted by kre8havoc (173 posts) -

Has anyone done the catering with Burgers and Pizza?

Fuck. That. Shit.

#16 Posted by Vigilance (270 posts) -

@kre8havoc said:

Fuck. That. Shit.

No, I skipped that one! It took me several tries to do Nachos and Ice Cream, I was way too sensible to even try burgers and pizza.

You can get to 3 stars without doing one of the catering gigs though- which was smart. Everyone has something they're going to hate I'm sure.

#17 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

@Zaccheus said:

Can't wait for the Mac version.

Yeah, I'll second that for sure.

#18 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

The demo is great! I'm waiting for it to be greenlighted.

#19 Posted by MatthewMeadows (588 posts) -

I friggin love making soup, I get it right a high percentage of the time even though it's really hard. Nachos can piss off though. Ughhhh.

#20 Posted by MechaMarshmallow (11 posts) -

@kre8havoc said:

Fuck. That. Shit.

Here's a tip for the catering: Quantity, not quality. You get a pass for perfect or avarage, so just make sure to get the burger and pizza orders somewhat close to correct and it'll be just as good as a perfect. That strategy stops working when you get to the higher rank extra events, but it's good for the sheer number of them you have to make for catering.

#21 Posted by Deusoma (3001 posts) -
@SexyToad said:
The demo is great! I'm waiting for it to be greenlighted.
This Greenlight thing is some kinda brilliance, I gotta say, seen info for about a hundred interesting games so far that I'd have never even heard of without it.
#22 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

9am beer. :)

#23 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3743 posts) -

Just wanted to give this game a bump.

Bought if off Amazon. So much fun. Looked great in the Quick Look but playing it, it's totally got that XCOM deal where I just keep telling myself 1 more day... then 20 days later I stop. It's 10 on my GOTY list. Chubigans, bravo.

@HerbieBug said:

This is the best.

#24 Posted by Undeadpool (4908 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

Just wanted to give this game a bump.

Bought if off Amazon. So much fun. Looked great in the Quick Look but playing it, it's totally got that XCOM deal where I just keep telling myself 1 more day... then 20 days later I stop. It's 10 on my GOTY list. Chubigans, bravo.

@HerbieBug said:

This is the best.

I always like to imagine a little meta-narrative. Like "9AM cheapest bottle of wine you've got." ...oof, lay-offs, huh?

#25 Posted by Barbed_Haywire (29 posts) -

@KingBroly: Truer words have never been spoken!!! I avoid pasta, pizza etc. like the PLAGUE because they have way too many ingredients...

I absolutely love this game, just got my 3 star restaurant and did my first Iron Cook challenge :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.