Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cooperative Play

Concept »

Cooperative play in games allows humans to play together as a team to accomplish a task. Instead of playing against a human opponent, the team must defeat an AI. Cooperative Play in some games also means 2 human versus 2 human, this occurs in some Billiards games. (Scotch Doubles / Doubles)

Looking for a good 2-player FPS on PS4

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey,

A buddy and I are looking for an enjoyable FPS on the PS4 for 2-player multiplayer sessions. As there are quite a few options out there, which FPS would you recommend to play coop with/against just one other player? I would prefer to have some different modes which are fun for 2 players between which we can switch.

As an example: a few years ago I had a lot of fun with the coop missions in MW2 and the coop wave missions in - I believe - MW3 (could also be one of the Black Ops games, I forgot which one it was). A general deathmatch with bots is fun as well, but since that's probably available in every multiplayer FPS, these type of coop options are what we are looking for.

We'll be playing on separate PS4's, so either 'real' online modes or offline modes available via Share Play are fine.

Thanks guys!

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Borderlands. The Handsome Collection on PS4 comes with 2 meaty games that are a lot of fun in coop.
    Far Cry 4 has drop in/drop out coop.
    Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare has a wave based mode, plus the regular team deathmatch.

That's all that comes to mind for now.

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BSw

@mortuss_zero: Thanks. Far Cry is definitely on the planning, and I've been thinking about Borderlands as well. With regards to games such as Battlefield and COD,is there a title that works well for 2-player coop?

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ThePanzini

@bsw: Can't speak for COD but Battlefield has no co-op however Black Ops 3 and Battlefront will have co-op and splitscreen too. Payday 2 not a FPS but Sniper Elite 3 & Zombie Army Trilogy worth taking a look at.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@bsw: Advanced Warfare and Ghosts had their own riffs on a horde mode. Blops 3 is going to have coop all through the campaign, and probably a coop survival mode as well. Star Wars Battlefront is going to have a coop survival mode, and Sniper Elite 3 does coop campaign online.

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortuss_zero: @thepanzini: Thanks for the suggestions. Black Ops 3 does indeed look promising. So does Battlefront, but I was already interested in the solo campaign for that one, so I was planning to pick that up anyway.

As for a more immediate solution, I might buy something like the Handsome Collection for coop missions, and then perhaps COD Ghosts or AW if I find it on sale just for the wave mode. I'll also take a look at Sniper Elite. I never really paid attention to it so I don't know if that's what I'm looking for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.