Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Copernicus

Game » consists of 0 releases.

The second project from 38 Studios was a massively-multiplayer online game set in their Amalur universe, established in the singleplayer RPG Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. After 38's collapse, it is unlikely to ever see release.

38 Studios gives you a flythrough of Project Copernicus's world.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RedRoach

I gotta say, the world looks incredible. It completely blows the door off of other MMO's. But if it ends up playing just like WoW it's not going to survive. The world doesn't seem like a generic fantasy world either, hopefully I'm right, because I want this to turn out different then every other MMO on the market. I wonder when they planed on showing this, I'm pretty convinced they released it early after all the shit that went down this week.

Hopefully all that crap with RI will give them a bit more incentive to show us more soon. They're not going to survive if they continue to be so tight lipped about it.

EDIT: on a second viewing it does look a but more fantasy generic sadly. But something about it just seems different, I specifically like the way some of those cities looked.

Ehker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ehker

Dat dam...

Obviously this is being released only to entice investors to step in and save them. Last minute and desperate moves being made. :(

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By RedRoach

@Ehker said:

Dat dam...

Obviously this is being released only to entice investors to step in and save them. Last minute and desperate moves being made. :(

Yeah, this is very obviously a knee jerk reaction, but maybe that's what 38 needed. A kick in the pants to stop screwing around and start showing the game.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@Jason_Bourne said:

They're not going to survive if they continue to be so tight lipped about it.

They could afford to be tight-lipped up until this point, because they weren't looking for outside funding. I think now you're right though, they should be showing it off to get investors interested.

My biggest hope for the mmo is that the combat shapes up to be more engaging that WoW/SWTOR. Hopefully they learned from Reckoning and apply some of that interesting combat to this. Basically I want Tera without the hyper sexualization and with a more engaging story.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Dat art style!

This looks waaay better than I expected.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By viking_funeral

For a first time developer, Rhode Island did a heck of a good job.

All kidding aside, this looks like a modernized mash-up of WoW & Everquest just based on the world design. I have no idea idea how it plays, obviously, but I can't see this competing with WoW in any serious way. Nor could I for any of the other dozen WoW-killers, but whatever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.