Cortex Command version 1.0 coming to Steam this month!

#1 Posted by Forcen (1854 posts) -

The developer posted this on his blog:

Previewing the 1.0 that is coming out on Steam this month! Everyone who has previously bought the game will get a Steam key, don’t worry

He also posted this video of 1.0:

Some gameplay 5 min in, looks pretty cool.

I'm guessing that everyone that owns Humble Indie Bundle 2 or 3 and activated the Steam codes for them will get this game added to Steam automatically.

This game page already has a releasedate, I'm guessing that is for the alpha. That should be changed when we get a real date right?

#2 Posted by eroticfishcake (7789 posts) -

Just so you folks know, Cortex Command is just up on Steam today. If you bought CC from the Humble Indie Bundle remember that you can redeem your Steam code if you have it.

#3 Posted by Forcen (1854 posts) -

They posted no info about new steamkeys, but now I have it.

I'm changing the release date to today.

#4 Posted by Tordah (2487 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. I had completely forgotten about this game and the fact that I already own it.

#5 Posted by Loafsmooch (364 posts) -

Just found out about this game via Tigsource. I love the idea, and that it plays kinda like Soldat. But man, I'm getting my ass handed to me.

#6 Posted by Crocio (542 posts) -

I've been waiting for this to come out for a while now. The game has infinite replayability for me and the variation in faction stuff is also pretty cool. Still, the community mods will be the best thing.

#7 Posted by selbie (1967 posts) -

I almost forgot about this game. Good thing I kept the original email.

#8 Posted by Tebbit (4484 posts) -

I've been watching this game for years, It's good to see it finally get a release - and a metagame that made harvesting gold worthwhile. For the longest time it was just an awesome physics sandbox, rather than a real game.

#9 Posted by prinnysquadron (8 posts) -

I'm glad i got this in the bundle because I def. would not pay £15 for it, jesus.

#10 Posted by Pessimisten (24 posts) -

http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/243191-humble-bundle-key-resender if you dont have the original email for bundle 2 or 3

#11 Posted by themartyr (691 posts) -

@prinnysquadron: Yeah it's rough around the edges, huh?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.