usagi's Cosmic Race (PlayStation) review

Cosmic Race (PS1) review

Cosmic Race is as bad as your mind will allow you to comprehend and then it is even worse than that!

PRESENTATION: 1.0

Cosmic Race came out for the PlayStation in January of 1995, a full eight months before the system even hit North America and already the worst game on the system was already out in Japan!

GRAPHICS: 1.0

The graphics look like they came from the original PlayStation SDK minimally altered and slapped into the game.

SOUND: 1.0

The music is so forgettable that even after I have played this game way more than it deserves to be played, I still can't remember it at all! The sound effects are virtually nonexistent.

GAMEPLAY: 1.0

You actually use the four face buttons for steering your craft far more than the d-pad! Enough said!

LASTING APPEAL: 1.0

Clearly there is absolutely no lasting appeal here as the game is mind numbingly boring within minutes of the first race!