Costume Quest Achievements

#1 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

15 Achievements for 200 points

Battle Buds - 5 points (PSN: Bronze)
Defeat a monster in combat with a friend by your side.

Binary Bouncer - 10 points (PSN: Bronze)
Use the Robot Costume to Boost off of 15 different ramps.

Do the Monster Bash - 10 points (PSN: Bronze)
Get the jump on 10 different monsters by pail bashing them to initiate combat.

Make it Work - 10 points (PSN: ?)
Win the Autumn Haven Mall Costume Contest.

Dressed to Quest - 5 points (PSN: Bronze)
Acquire 5 Costumes.

The Last Gourdian - 10 points (PSN: Bronze)
Acquire the Pumpkin Costume.

Master of Disguise - 10 points (PSN: Silver)
Use every Costume Ability in battle.

Leave Some for the Rest of Us! - 15 points (PSN: ?)
Collect a total of over 4,000 candies.

Downsized! - 15 points (PSN: Bronze)
Defeat BoJohn in battle.

Dozer Dodger - 15 points (PSN: Bronze)
Defeat Metxel in battle.

Sweet Justice - 25 points (PSN: Silver)
Beat the game.

Mask-O'-Raider - 25 points (PSN: Gold)
Complete all Quests in the game.

All Decked Out - 15 points (PSN: Silver)
Collect all Creepy Treat Cards.

They'll Be Worth A Lot Someday - 15 points (PSN: Silver)
Collect all Battle Stamps.

Chompin' Champ - 15 points (PSN: ?)
Win all prizes in Bobbing for Apples.
#2 Posted by Helios1337 (323 posts) -

I wonder if the Battle Buds achievement means it has some form of 2 player for the battle system or just means you got a  second dude on your team.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Helios1337 said:
" I wonder if the Battle Buds achievement means it has some form of 2 player for the battle system or just means you got a  second dude on your team. "
I am guessing it means when you get your first partner. 
#4 Posted by Bolto (5 posts) -

The Dressed to Quest achievement scares me a little bit. I hope there is at least 8 costumes. At least it doesn't say 'all 5 costumes'.

#5 Posted by Gamer_152 (14050 posts) -

It all looks like pretty solid stuff.

#6 Posted by Jayzz (591 posts) -

game is too cute to pass up

#7 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -
@Bolto: 
Judging by the official website there's (at least) 10 different costumes:
  • Ninja
  • Vampire
  • French Fries
  • Black Cat
  • Jack-O-Lantern (Attack / Ranged)
  • Space Warrior (Special / Melee)
  • Unicorn (Support / Magic)
  • Statue of Liberty (Support / Ranged)
  • Robot (Attack / Ranged)
  • Knight (Defense / Melee)

One must also remember that this is, after all, "only" a downloadable title, and those rarely clock over 5-6 hours of gameplay (if even that). I for one am excited either way, and looking at the achievements I think this'll be right up my alley.
#8 Posted by Bolto (5 posts) -

Oh man, I never even thought to check the main website. I honestly don't care if it's not that long, but I just really wanted there to be more than the costumes that we saw in the trailer. And after looking back in the trailer, it looks like there is a candy corn costume like the one that your sister wears. Maybe we will have even more than 10 costumes.

#9 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

this was at the bottom of that linked page:

SEE THE BOSSES FOR YOURSELF!
DOWNLOAD ON XBOX LIVE® & PLAYSTATION®NETWORK NOW.

#10 Edited by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

October has an illegal amount of games I can't keep up with.

#11 Posted by Bolto (5 posts) -
@BionicMonster:  I'm guessing they just put that there ahead of time. When you go to the purchase section, it says 'Coming Soon'.
#12 Posted by Redbullet685 (6020 posts) -

I want this game so badly, but it comes out at the worst time. In between New Vegas and Rock Band 3.

#13 Posted by suikoden352 (419 posts) -

all the achievements were pretty simple to get. easy s-rank

#14 Posted by Peacemaker (1101 posts) -

Nice I could use an easy s rank boost.

#15 Posted by Neverpraying (162 posts) -

Game looks, fun, simple, pretty good art. Going to get it.

#16 Posted by Sharpless (457 posts) -

Um, am I crazy or is there no achievements page for this game on here yet?

#17 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

I just finished the game and there are 8 costumes if i recall ( one of them is just for story progression) and all the achievements are simple and can be gained in the first play through. Super easy S rank game.

#18 Posted by EightBitShik (1333 posts) -
@Sharpless: I am wondering the same thing..but everyone else seems to be so casual about it.... what is going on?
#19 Posted by louiedog (2333 posts) -
@EightBitShik said:
" @Sharpless: I am wondering the same thing..but everyone else seems to be so casual about it.... what is going on? "
I'm guessing it has to do with the xbox.com redesign. I don't think the Costume Quest page was up before it and Giant Bomb hasn't adapted to the redesign, so achievements haven't been scraped.
#21 Posted by Chrjz (317 posts) -

I'm having trouble geting the binary bouncer achievement... anyone have a quide as to where the ramps are; I'm at the very end of the game and I want that S-Rank!

#22 Posted by sociald1077 (263 posts) -
@Kurisu said:
" I'm having trouble geting the binary bouncer achievement... anyone have a quide as to where the ramps are; I'm at the very end of the game and I want that S-Rank! "
Most are in the first level, you have to get behind a few houses to get to them all. The last level also has3-5 ramps IIRC.
#23 Posted by MithrilMojo (105 posts) -

I finished all of the Apple Chomping game and got all the prizes, but no Achievement did unlock. 

#24 Posted by EightBitShik (1333 posts) -
@louiedog: They need to get on that then because it's my favorite feature on the site =)
#25 Edited by Bones8677 (3208 posts) -

I just wish the game had co-op above all else. I can handle it's shortness, and some repetitiveness. But when you're controlled character has a buddy the entire time, then there's no excuse not to have co-op. It would make this game so much more if it did. I want to bring my non-girlfriend over and have both of us play on a couch together, she'd love this.

#26 Posted by NickLott (791 posts) -

Anyone know if the "Leave Some For The Rest of Us!" achievement requires it to be candy on hand at one time or through out the game? 

#27 Posted by Djstyles92 (952 posts) -
@nicklott said:
" Anyone know if the "Leave Some For The Rest of Us!" achievement requires it to be candy on hand at one time or through out the game?  "
throughout the game
#28 Posted by JohnZimmerman (197 posts) -

i finished it the day after it was released with an s-rank and it still doesn't show up on my profile!!!

#29 Posted by newslowsad (74 posts) -

Aww my first s-rank.

#30 Posted by INV2 (256 posts) -

I just S-Ranked it too, it's a great game. Short, but the right length for what it is. I got this a while back, but Fallout New Vegas sort of took over all my game time. I'll get the DLC when it comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.