Double Fine Dresses Up For Costume Quest On XBLA, PSN

• 85 results
#51 Posted by FoxMulder (1691 posts) -

Brutal Legend was a big dissapointment.  Hopefully this will make up for it! 

And YES Psychonauts 2

#52 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -

yay

#53 Posted by SSully (4185 posts) -

I am really digging the artstyle, this will most likely be a day one buy. 

#54 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

Brutal Legend was a good game, it would have been better if they actually sold it as an RTS, WHICH IT IS!

#55 Posted by pslayer666 (24 posts) -

Cool stuff, I think Double Fine will do much better with stuff like this through the online distribution network and a lower more attractive price!

#56 Posted by Mr_Faraday (241 posts) -

Looks cute, ill keep my eyes on it.
#57 Posted by Tordah (2479 posts) -

Looks interesting. I have faith in Double Fine.

#58 Posted by BakerTheZombie (75 posts) -

Seriously, I will never doubt Double-Fine. Even Brutal Legend was a pretty good console RTS.

#59 Posted by Afro_Stevens (79 posts) -

I'm glad that Double Fine is doing more games now. I thought they were pretty much dead after Psychonauts. Seems like they're picking up steam now.

#60 Posted by ZookieWookie (39 posts) -

Oh man, i can't wait to see all the different costume-type things u can get

#61 Posted by chrissedoff (2097 posts) -
@BakerTheZombie said:
" Seriously, I will never doubt Double-Fine. Even Brutal Legend was a pretty good console RTS. "
nop
#62 Posted by Ghostiet (5272 posts) -

Sweet. Though I'd feel this kind of game would fit better with a MOTHER-style narrative. I don't see Double Fine going that route.

@Irvandus said:

" Brutal Legend was a good game, it would have been better if they actually sold it as an RTS, WHICH IT IS! "

Yup, exactly. They've fucked up by not releasing an MP demo, maybe that would steady a fanbase. I hope someone rips off the concept from them, seeing that was the first take on a TPP RTS since Sacrifice. Yes, that was 10 years - I can't even stress that enough.

@batorre said:

" In fact a game like Psychonauts would have been ripe for an episodic release model. Each new dream world a $5-$8 DLC or something like that. "
People like you are exactly the reason why Bobby Kotick gets away with fucking as all in the ass.
#63 Posted by LiquidPrince (15947 posts) -

Well maybe if Brutal Legend didn't suck, it would have sold...

#64 Posted by plumeria (70 posts) -

Going for the real kids since the kids of old are not backing the company anymore.

#65 Posted by Deusoma (3006 posts) -

This game looks ridiculously good to me, can't wait to see more.

#66 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

I guess I'm a little disappointed that it's not Psychonauts 2, but I'll let that go for a moment because this looks pretty sweet.

#67 Posted by the_mystical_ninja (12 posts) -

Sounds awesome. a 20 hour quest would be fantastic :D

#68 Posted by Hostile (148 posts) -

It already looks better than Brutal Legend.

#69 Posted by Tofford (532 posts) -

Anybody getting Mr. Ben from this ( British people anyway)

#70 Posted by lexluthor200 (5 posts) -

this is nice

#71 Posted by PenguinDust (12515 posts) -

This is really the smartest direction Double Fine/Tim Schafer can take.  In the past, his games have been applauded for their scripts and unique setting, but criticized for game play.  By making their games smaller and cheaper like this, I believe people will be more willing to forgive any short comings they experience.  I can't wait to see the other three projects they have in the works. 

#72 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

I would love this idea even more if it went all South Park "good times with weapons" and have crazy violence with kids. Would be hilarious.

#73 Posted by s3phiroth2006 (1 posts) -

Let see what happens, the last game wasn't good. IMHO

#74 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

Bad Day LA.

#75 Posted by JuanArek (4 posts) -

The characters are cuter than the costumes xD

#76 Posted by SneakyPenguins (242 posts) -

dont hold your bag like that, it look desperate. LOL

#77 Edited by mnzy (2914 posts) -
@PenguinDust said:

" This is really the smartest direction Double Fine/Tim Schafer can take.  In the past, his games have been applauded for their scripts and unique setting, but criticized for game play.  By making their games smaller and cheaper like this, I believe people will be more willing to forgive any short comings they experience.  I can't wait to see the other three projects they have in the works.  "

I think it's almost expected that downloadable games are a little bit more limited in terms of gameplay. But not in a bad way. Schafers style could fit really well with those type of games. I hope he does well.
#78 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

This looks freakin awesome!

#79 Posted by delicious_lie (160 posts) -

"That Anime episode of South Park: The Game"

not that that's a bad thing. That was an awesome episode of south park.

#80 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

I'm glad to see Double Fine go downloadable, though it's unfortunate that they're moving to that front out of necessity. 
I was first hoping for something a little more Castle Crashers-y, but this seems alright too.

#81 Posted by Rodiard (439 posts) -

This better not turn out to be an urban planning simulator midway through the game. 

Fool me once...   

#82 Posted by AngeTheDude (672 posts) -

I hope this works out well for Double Fine. I don't think they can stay afloat with just the goodwill of a small group of gamers.

#83 Posted by autobzooty (97 posts) -

I like the way the neighborhood part looks more than the imagination part. 

#84 Posted by Psykhophear (939 posts) -
Brutal Legend would've sold a lot better if it was ported to the PC as well. I still don't understand why Tim Schafer, one of the grand daddies of PC games, didn't make a PC version. I didn't buy the console versions thinking that Double Fine would port it to the PC months later as a Special Edition or something but nope, it didn't happen. Sad.
#85 Posted by megalowho (969 posts) -

Double Fine games = imagination running wild. This seems to fit their M.O. nicely. Day One!

#86 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Anything by Double Fine for me is Day 1. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.