Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

The fourth iteration of Valve's team-based modern-military first-person shooter, rebuilt and constantly expanded for competitive play with new maps, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics. It was later made free-to-play and most versions were later replaced with the sequel.

Can we all just stop for a moment and appreciate how awesome this is?

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

https://twitter.com/LG_FalleN/status/679036821356048386

Alright, i know this tweet probably doesn't mean much to most of you, so here's the context:

Earlier this year, brazilian CS:GO team KaBuM was rasing money from fans so they could attend a qualifier for a major tournament. It was successful thanks to a huge donation from one of the pro players (flusha from Fnatic). KaBuM qualified for the major, and even went on through group stage to play-off, and now (renamed to Luminosity Gaming) are one of the top tier teams in CS:GO scene.
    Now, one of the Luminositys player, "Fallen", is paying the nice gesture forward. He promised to provide accommodation and travel cost for a no-name argentinian team.

To tie this with what have been discussed on couple of the last bombcasts, this is the kind of news that i honestly think gaming media should cover r at leats pay attention. E-sports needs this feel-good news from time to time, so its not just strangling DOTA players or throwing poop at each other.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

@kubqo: very cool way to pay it forward.

CS:GO has always been a game I've wanted to check out, but always felt like I'd be way behind the curve jumping in now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.