Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

The fourth iteration of Valve's team-based modern-military first-person shooter, rebuilt and constantly expanded for competitive play with new maps, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics. It was later made free-to-play and most versions were later replaced with the sequel.

CS GO free for PS+?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#1  Edited By Kidavenger

I turned on my PS3 today and CS GO was sitting there installed and ready to play, I never bought it and there doesn't seem to be any sort of free trial going on; this happen to anyone else?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Sure it isn't a demo?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kidavenger
    jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By jay_ray

It was downloaded on my PS3 also.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zaccheus

A bit weird it's auto downloaded, but it is the full game for 60 minutes so that's still pretty nice.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Catarrhal

@Kidavenger said:

…bit annoying that it was auto downloaded.

You can prevent this from happening again by changing your System Settings.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kidavenger

@Catarrhal: I like the auto downloads alot, patching games/system is the worst thing about the PS3, auto downloads fix all that; but the thought that ever single demo could possibly be downloaded is a bit scary, it's never happened before, why would it happen for this one game?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

@Kidavenger: It probally looks at your purchase history and the games you play on your profile and pulls "recommended" games for you.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zaccheus

@Kidavenger said:

@Catarrhal: I like the auto downloads alot, patching games/system is the worst thing about the PS3, auto downloads fix all that; but the thought that ever single demo could possibly be downloaded is a bit scary, it's never happened before, why would it happen for this one game?

In the article you linked it says:

To receive the Counter-Strike demo, which is limited to 60 minutes, paying Plus members will need to have automatic downloads turned on, opting in to "Download recommended games and videos."

So I guess it's a separate option? Or maybe by turning automatic downloads on you automatically agree to this, that seems a bit evil. Basically publishers can buy their way into your hard drive...

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By BlackLagoon

@Kidavenger said:

It's been part of Plus since the start, they just haven't used it a lot recently. Probably done to help push the game since it was part of the Play promotion. I think you might be able to set what auto-download downloads in the settings.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Catarrhal

@BlackLagoon said:

I think you might be able to set what auto-download downloads in the settings.

Exactly correct.

The CS:GO thing was part of a special promotion, unique in that the trial cannot be downloaded on a voluntary basis (i.e. you won't find it anywhere in the PlayStation Store). As for why they handled it like that, I have no idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.