Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

The fourth iteration of Valve's team-based modern-military first-person shooter, rebuilt and constantly expanded for competitive play with new maps, new weapons, and new gameplay mechanics. It was later made free-to-play and most versions were later replaced with the sequel.

How Was Your First Counter Strike Experience?

• 109 results
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By falserelic

My experience with Counter Strike was enjoyable and frustrating. Its definitely not a game for everybody. You have to take things slow, use tactics to the best of your advantage, and be wise about your decisions. If not you will get fucked over and over playing this game. You will probably find the CS community as a whole to be mean. So be prepared to hear people bitch and talk shit towards you. It will happen sooner or later trust me.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By emem

My first experience with CS was absolutely positive. In '99 you had barely any annoying kids around and up to beta 5.2 (I think) the game was relatively fast as well, jumping without losing speed, more precise aiming... it was a good and fun to play game. Admittedly I only played it in between Quake sessions for a change of pace, but it was fun at the time.

I don't enjoy playing CS or CS:S now, but I'll probably look into CS:GO sooner or later.

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

@Mahonay: Yes, the strategies are very simple. Its basically go A or B. Throw flashbang down appropiate hallway, and plant bomb. While hoping the Counter Terrorists didn't go the same way.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ghost_cat

Back then, when I realized that God blessed me with the ability to wield a shotgun or Uzi like the apocalypse, the community was basically grown mean who screamed and acted like children when they were losing (albeit very skilled children). Now they have chilled out, but expect to get wasted often and fast. Learn the maps well, as often people have a habit to sticking in the same spots no matter what skill level, and be as random as possible.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By GoofyGoober

Terrible, and I really don't have the patience to sit there and get good at it.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By Sayishere

My friends played the original counterstrike, and i used to watch them,

I then bought the source, and didnt understand who i was shooting.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Pezen

I think I had some fun some years ago casually playing Counter-Strike. I think it was before I got sucked into BF2. These days I couldn't play counter-strike, it's fucking horrible. Tried the CS:GO trial and it's terrible. It feels dated, ugly and stupid. I had no idea how much I loved aiming down sights until I tried the trial. Fucking hip-shooting is so dumb. Man, I am passionately disliking this game. Fantastic.

LangarN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By LangarN

I guess it was around patch 1.4-1.5. So i been in it for a while. And as far as csgo goes I think it feels pretty awesome at the moment

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By crusader8463

Back in college, 2004-2005 ish, I convinced our 3DS Max professor to buy like 30 copies of half life 2 for our level design class because it came with the hammer editor in each box. We never touched the hammer editor in class, but we did start playing counterstrike source for 4-5 hours a day. We had many days where it was like 4 hours of class in the morning and then nothing in the afternoon. So after classes we would just stay and all join one server as a group and pub stomp or fight each other till like 8-9 at night.Those were some good times.

As for the CS: Go, I fired it up and joined a random game and was having a blast for a good 2-3 hours. I surprised myself how much I remembered for not having played the game in like 5-6 years. Sadly every game I joined after that was not fun at all. The teams were always unbalanced so that one side destroyed the other, it was full of idiots calling each other fags and talking about raping each other, or the game would have some idiot on the mic screaming directions and blaming everyone but himself whenever people wouldn't do exactly what he wanted and he got himself killed. But that's every online game in a nutshell so I'm not holding it against CS:GO.

As with TF2, I never really got into it until I found a server full of good people that just played to have fun and always had mods on it playing with us so they could instantly kick douche bags who came in and started acting like their namesake. Hopefully I will find a similar server for CS:GO, because when everything aligns just right it's still super fun and rewarding to play even after all of these years. If only it had hats that I could buy for my terrorists the game would be perfect!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.