This private beta is retarded.

• 91 results
#1 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

It's probably for the best that I didn't get into the cs:go private beta because of finals. But hearing people gripe about lack of iron sights in a cs game is infuriating. The wrong people got access.

#2 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

I can only hope that some CS veterans got in and promptly roll over those people. If they can root out some of the chaff before this goes retail, that would be great.

#3 Posted by Three0neFive (2291 posts) -

Wait, people are actually complaining about lack of ironsights in fucking Counter-Strike?

I fucking hate everything modern gamers have become.

#4 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

@DG991 said:

It's probably for the best that I didn't get into the cs:go private beta because of finals. But hearing people gripe about lack of iron sights in a cs game is infuriating. The wrong people got access.

Seriously? Ugh.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Are these the same people who get mad that they have to sit out the entire game when they die at the start? 

#6 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Wow. I'm not even good at CS and I know that's all sorts of wrong.

#7 Edited by GunslingerPanda (4705 posts) -

Might skip the beta then, wait for iron sights to be implemented.

Joke, I'll wait for the CoD babbies to fuck off.

OP, check out the Tribes: Ascend beta. Seems to have a solid community thanks to not being flavour-of-the-month-modern-military-fps. There's a thread on /v/ with everyone giving away keys.

#8 Posted by Dagbiker (6966 posts) -

You shouldent hate on them, you should feel sorry for them, for they have never played counter strike. they have never experianced running through a office corridor only to be shot in the back. They have never had a knife dual. And they never played de_dust. That or they dont remember it very well.

#9 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -
@isnipeyoudie
#10 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

This thread just informs me that I want nothing to do with anything relating to counter strike.

#11 Posted by OneManX (1686 posts) -

Not for nothing, but is Valve just straight up anti-iron sights?

Like I get it, it's not CS, but would it really ruin the game THAT much, it doesn't hurt to get new players into CS, b/c thatis the vibe Im getting from CS:Go, CS for not crazy people.

#12 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

@JasonR86: Your post just gives me hope more people like you will ignore this game.

#13 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Hey now, be nice. No need to call it retarded.

#14 Posted by Dagbiker (6966 posts) -
@OneManX

Like I get it, it's not CS, but would it really ruin the game THAT much, it doesn't hurt to get new players into CS, b/c thatis the vibe Im getting from CS:Go, CS for not crazy people.

I guess it is kinda odd. I mean who is this for? The people who like CS will stick with CS 1.6 or CS source. But the people who havent played CS want iorn sights.
#15 Edited by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

@artgarcrunkle said:

@JasonR86: Your post just gives me hope more people like you will ignore this game.

I'm pretty sure you epitomize the type of person I don't like to play games with online. Angry, angry people who take their games way too seriously. People who are so serious in fact that they would rather succeed in a match then have fun. I don't know if that is how everyone else is who plays counter-strike but, if they are all like that or the majority are like that, then I'm out.

#16 Posted by Dagbiker (6966 posts) -
@rebgav
@Dagbiker said:
 But the people who havent played CS want iorn sights.
Then they have plenty of other games to play.  
I don't understand why people would want to see yet another franchise homogenized to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Let CS be CS, at least then you'll have another multiplayer shooter option on consoles rather than another CoD-like.
I dont want to see another franchise get homogenized. What im saying was people like cs for very specific reasons. When they made cs source people freeked and stuck to playing cs 1.6. The same thing will happen with cs go. They should have waited 15 years and then made a new cs game when every one forgot how it played. But since they are making it now they should just make a game that is cs but better.
#17 Posted by OneManX (1686 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@Dagbiker said:
Then they have plenty of other games to play. I don't understand why people would want to see yet another franchise homogenized to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Let CS be CS, at least then you'll have another multiplayer shooter option on consoles rather than another CoD-like.

Really?

Like Really?

No one is saying add in perks, killstreaks, choppers, tanks, etc. It's just Iron-sights. Does that really "ruin" CS in any real way. Also as kinda stated earlier, why not make CS:Go for people who never played CS? All the vets are gonna be on CS1.6 or CS:S.

#18 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

@JasonR86: "Nope." - Engineer, Team Fortress 2

#19 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

@artgarcrunkle said:

@JasonR86: "Nope." - Engineer, Team Fortress 2

I don't know what that is supposed to imply dude.

#20 Posted by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -

@OneManX said:

Does that really "ruin" CS in any real way.

Yes.

#21 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -

@ds8k said:

@DG991 said:

Seriously? Ugh.

PC master race, in practice

#22 Posted by Sputty (143 posts) -

@Subjugation said:

I can only hope that some CS veterans got in and promptly roll over those people. If they can root out some of the chaff before this goes retail, that would be great.

That really shouldn't be your goal. You want the game to be good enough to draw in new people otherwise it won't catch on and you'll have to deal with a continuously declining community.

#23 Posted by President_Barackbar (3455 posts) -

@OneManX said:

It's just a design choice. No idea why, just the way it is I guess.

#24 Posted by zels (206 posts) -

Remember when CS used to be fun?

Remember how many great shooters were released since, games that improved on the gameplay?

Yeah, cs is pretty much history for me now, it was relevant years ago but now I'd rather play something else.

#25 Posted by animathias (1185 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

This thread just informs me that I want nothing to do with anything relating to counter strike.

I'm 100% with you.

#26 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -
@rebgav said:
@Dagbiker said:
Then they have plenty of other games to play.  I don't understand why people would want to see yet another franchise homogenized to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Let CS be CS, at least then you'll have another multiplayer shooter option on consoles rather than another CoD-like.
All adding iron sights would do....is allow people different options for comfort. People who don't want iron sights won't need them, and people who do can use them. it's not like it'd ruin the integrity of the game. They don't need to change the pace of the game or anything. You make it seem like everyone wants to change the whole game mechanic. They just want fucking iron sights. Lol
#27 Posted by Willin (1280 posts) -

Clearly those people don't play Valve games...

#28 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Why the hell would you want to waste time looking down iron sights when you don't need to?

#29 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

I also hate it when people have mildly different preferences than I do. Those motherfuckers.

#30 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

@OneManX said:

@rebgav said:

@Dagbiker said:
Then they have plenty of other games to play. I don't understand why people would want to see yet another franchise homogenized to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Let CS be CS, at least then you'll have another multiplayer shooter option on consoles rather than another CoD-like.

Really?

Like Really?

No one is saying add in perks, killstreaks, choppers, tanks, etc. It's just Iron-sights. Does that really "ruin" CS in any real way. Also as kinda stated earlier, why not make CS:Go for people who never played CS? All the vets are gonna be on CS1.6 or CS:S.

Adding Iron sights would completely change the fundamentals of how CS plays. It would be a new game entirely.

#31 Posted by OneManX (1686 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@SpencerTucksen said:
All adding iron sights would do....is allow people different options for comfort. People who don't want iron sights won't need them, and people who do can use them. it's not like it'd ruin the integrity of the game. They don't need to change the pace of the game or anything. You make it seem like everyone wants to change the whole game mechanic. They just want fucking iron sights. Lol
The point is that people want iron sights just because they want iron sights. If it isn't a gameplay relevant addition then it's just a visual crutch for familiarity's sake, so why bother?

To maybe get people who dont play CS, to play CS, which kinda seems to be the entire point of this product existing?

Just because you can aim down the sights, doesnt magically turn CS into MW3or BF3, Im sure players will learn real fast that running and gunning will get you killed fast.

#32 Posted by bill (98 posts) -

nice try~

#33 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@msavo said:
@isnipeyoudie
#34 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

@Three0neFive: followed

#35 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

Are there hats ?

#36 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -
@SirPsychoSexy

@OneManX said:

@rebgav said:

@Dagbiker said:

Really?

Like Really?

Adding Iron sights would completely change the fundamentals of how CS plays. It would be a new game entirely.

Can't believe how long it took for someone to finally state this. Iron sights is a design choice, not merely a preference. In CS there is no 'hip' fire as such just one mode. You are always ready to shoot dudes, the thing you change is technique not right clicking to look down iron sights. If there was iron sights then you'd have to make other changes like when zoomed in you move slower etc. When will people realise CS is a niche and polished shooter that needs to keep its core to be successful.
#37 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

@OneManX said:

@rebgav said:

@SpencerTucksen said:
The point is that people want iron sights just because they want iron sights. If it isn't a gameplay relevant addition then it's just a visual crutch for familiarity's sake, so why bother?

To maybe get people who dont play CS, to play CS, which kinda seems to be the entire point of this product existing?

Just because you can aim down the sights, doesnt magically turn CS into MW3or BF3, Im sure players will learn real fast that running and gunning will get you killed fast.

This.

#38 Posted by froesti (101 posts) -

HEY. There are already Iron sights in the game! The Bullpup and the Krieg have that quasi zoom thingy. That's why we don't need Iron sight's on the other guns. Each has specific advantages and disadvantages. In case if the Krieg and Bullpup it's the slower firing rate.

#39 Posted by Kazona (3064 posts) -

What I find really funny is people getting bent out of shape because some beta players want iron sights.

#40 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2241 posts) -

I think you mean to say that the private beta PARTICIPANTS are retarded. The game itself is probably fine.

#41 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

OMG! If COD ruins CS:GO I will be pissed. Fuck iron sights.

Edit: I agree that nowadays morons get access to betas while people who should be in the beta are waiting or begging for keys.

#42 Edited by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

The wrong people got in

Can't really say this since there's probably 2 of the "right people" for every "wrong people". The wrong people may just be more vocal.

And every big name from the CS pro scene has been invited, so I'd say the right people got in too. 

It's the same as people complaining about the DotA 2 beta when pretty much anyone who should be invited by virtue of being good at the game was invited before Gamescom.
#43 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@OneManX said:

@rebgav said:

@Dagbiker said:

Really?

Like Really?

Counterstrike has a very specific feel. Ironsights would all sorts of mess that up.

Keep in mind, every time you add a mechanic you have to balance it against every other mechanic. Ironsights generally mean trading speed and peripheral vision for accuracy. CS already has mechanics that link speed and accuracy, so those would have to be rebalanced in order to make every play-style viable. The only solution that wouldn't completely ruin CS would be to just add ironsights as an afterthought, in which case they would probably come out underpowered. This would lead to people who like using ironsights getting frustrated instead of learning a new way of thinking about shooters, defeating the whole purpose of the exercise.

#44 Posted by wh1terav3n (657 posts) -

Should this thread be called, "The People in the Beta are Retarded"?

#45 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@wh1terav3n said:

Should this thread be called, "The People in the Beta are Retarded"?

Yes.

#46 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

@Matoya: There's nothing "PC Master Race" about wanting to maintain the integrity of a classic video game.

#47 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

To the people saying "Ohh... PC master race complaining", that's not really fair. CS is a pretty specific game, and Valve has never really bothered with iron sights. It's just how they're meant to be played. It'd like football with a couple extra people on the pitch, it may not seem like a major difference on the surface, but it changes how the game is played dramatically.

In COD for example, you go into iron sights, you move move slowly, your peripheral vision is reduced and most of the screen is blocked by a gun. It also increases accuracy. That'a a lot of balance changes you suddenly need to implement into CS, which would change the pacing of it. In a game with a pace like CS, you would get headshotted faster than you can think moving at that speed. If they just let you move at the same speed while looking down the iron sight, you'd still be blocking most of the screen for no inherent bonus, since giving that accuracy bonus would force a massive balance change in CS.

I don't even know why people are surprised by this. It's Counter Strike.

#48 Posted by Herocide (440 posts) -
@Kazona said:
What I find really funny is people getting bent out of shape because some beta players want iron sights.
Yeah, I thought CoD players got angry easily, but most people I know who play CS go nuts if anyone ever dares suggest anything that sullies the holy purity of 1.6.
#49 Posted by Mikemcn (6980 posts) -

That's dumb, but i honestly don't know who would say that, unless they just let in people who own Call of Duty and not CS. How do you even get in the beta?

#50 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Herocide said:

@Kazona said:
Yeah, I thought CoD players got angry easily, but most people I know who play CS go nuts if anyone ever dares suggest anything that sullies the holy purity of 1.6.

There is definitely some of that out there. Listening to people bitch about CS:S vs 1.6 can be really obnoxious. However, in this case there is at least SOME reason to it. The last thing that we want is Valve listening to these people. Of course they won't: the lead designer has explicitly stated that Ironsights "just make everybody walk really slowly" and that he won't include them. But what if he did...scary SCARY thought. Us CS fans want to see a new game, and we would be very let down if that game was ruined by one or two minor gameplay decisions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.