CS:S TNT?

#1 Posted by css_switchfoot (119 posts) -

any interest for this?

#2 Posted by tanline (165 posts) -

I'd definitely make it out for that TNT. it seems like they are on a bit of a old school PC FPS binge, so CSS makes perfect sense.

I wouldn't even mind a 1.6/Source TNT either. Something for both communities. But please, no CZ LOL

#3 Posted by FLStyle (4712 posts) -

Not this thread again.

Ryan and Jeff are anti-CounterStrike, it goes against everything they stand for regarding classic FPS games.

You will not be seeing a CounterStrike TNT. At all. Ever.

#4 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -
@FLStyle said:

Not this thread again.

Ryan and Jeff are anti-CounterStrike, it goes against everything they stand for regarding classic FPS games.

Why are they anti-cs?
#5 Posted by FLStyle (4712 posts) -

@blueduck said:

@FLStyle said:

Not this thread again.

Why are they anti-cs?

Fast-paced, constant respawning games like Quake are the games they played back in the day. Slow paced, watch the rest of the players finish a round after you've died very quickly games like CounterStrike are their kryptonite. They've said it themselves everytime someone brings up CounterStrike.

#6 Posted by Mu5hy (124 posts) -

they could go through a bunch of the Mods for CSS - Gun Game and the like. Or they could stream me playing it and talk over it. Hah.

#7 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -
@FLStyle said: 

Betcha 10 brad bucks.
#8 Posted by FLStyle (4712 posts) -

@drag: Done.

#9 Posted by keris (168 posts) -
@drag said:
@FLStyle said: 

Betcha 10 brad bucks.
Did you hear how Brad moaned when faced with a 20 second respawn time when he played as the Infected during the L4D2 TNT? How do you think a 5 minute respawn time will do him?
#10 Edited by Plasticstars (171 posts) -

The spawn times could be dealt with by playing gungame, or deathmatch, or any of the other custom game modes. Just saying.

#11 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1471 posts) -

If they played iceworld 2k that would solve that. But I don't know if they're really into CS, even though it seems a bit like modern warfare to me.

#12 Edited by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -
@FLStyle said:

@blueduck said:

@FLStyle said:

Not this thread again.

Why are they anti-cs?

Fast-paced, constant respawning games like Quake are the games they played back in the day. Slow paced, watch the rest of the players finish a round after you've died very quickly games like CounterStrike are their kryptonite. They've said it themselves everytime someone brings up CounterStrike.

CS is very fast paced even on REG but why don't they just play GG or DM, fucking deathmatch turbo is fucking fast paced as hell! nonstop head shots.
also it takes a lot of commitment to play CS  good, it's easy to suck at it, maybe they just weren't good at it? i dunno
#13 Edited by Zacagawea (1594 posts) -

It sounds like a great idea to me, but then I remember Brad will be the one playing it 

#14 Posted by CrazyBagMan (842 posts) -

Gungame would be perfect for a TNT. Fast respawns, fast rounds, lots of chaos.

#15 Posted by tanline (165 posts) -

Why not just limit the round time to like 3 mins? Or let the stream be SourceTV with their commentary (dunno how good it'll be)?

Do you think Norm plays CS?

#16 Posted by Jackel2072 (2261 posts) -

I'd love to see them play any cs game, but it will never happen. Even this week where it's dead and cs go just came out they still won't have it on TNT

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.