Desktop Grenade

#1 Posted by MHumphreys89 (712 posts) -

The CS:GO Quicklook reminded me of my short time playing CS:Source, during that time I learnt whenever I was stunned, instead of seeing a white-screen i'd see a highly contrasted image of my desktop, noticeable due to my desktop icons. My question is does this still happen with GO and was this a problem with the game or was this phenomena due to my setup; did it happen to any else?

#2 Posted by Gonmog (580 posts) -

Your set up. Something was strange in your computer cause that should not happen at all...and its a very odd bug not even sure how it could happen! LoL Better then a white screen at lest. :D

#3 Posted by llamaegg (225 posts) -

Years of on-off playing of 1.6, Source, and now GO I can honestly say I've never seen nor heard of that happening. I believe you should hire an exorcist, as your computer might be haunted.

#4 Posted by believer258 (11775 posts) -

So wait- when flashbanged, you saw your desktop and then it slowly faded back to the game like the white screen would?

Interesting...

#5 Edited by Mordi (553 posts) -

It was probably because you used an old CRT (?) or plasma computer screen. If an image is left on too long, you are able to see the image faintly, usually only when the screen is completely black or completely white because that's when it is most noticable. I doubt it had anything to do with the software side of things.

Although you do say "highly contrasted", which is odd.

#6 Posted by Pop (2617 posts) -

That's kinda cool sounding, I've never heard of this happening. Did the game fade back in or did it just instantly appear back?

#7 Edited by MHumphreys89 (712 posts) -

@believer258: @Mordi:

Yeah it just faded back in.

@Mordi:

It was graphical, as the icons changed. Also, I was using an LCD at that point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.