Giant Bomb Counter Strike: Source Steam Group!

#1 Edited by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Hey dudes, dudettes, duders and duderinos, everyone loves some Counter Strike: Source action, but there doesn't seem to be a Steam group for it..... Well here it is!

I'm hoping to get some games going as soon as a good amount of people join the group.

Post here or on the group comments when you guys are good to play as well as any map requests. I'm currently for Friday nights but will change depending on when most people are free.

Well there you go.

#2 Posted by roughneck117 (193 posts) -

Cool group bro.

Unfortunately, I cant play fridays, have class. Maybe sunday, after we do the BC2 runs.

PS, Im new to this, so if I teamkill anyone, SORRY.

#3 Posted by azrailx (434 posts) -

if u teamkill in css it better be a nade or super low health or else u uber fail lol

#4 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@roughneck117: Which days are good for you?

#5 Posted by Enigma777 (6078 posts) -

Team killing is the only killing in my book.

#6 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

I am the master of CS and I will gladly be your leader!

#7 Posted by Matthew (1914 posts) -

I'm just getting into CS....putting all kinds of awesome tags up and around. I'll join up. I'm mary_effn_poppns

#8 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@DAFTPUNK: Would you like to apply for the 10 month leadership program?

#9 Edited by roughneck117 (193 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA: I can play Sunday Nights, or maybe even Monday nights. Sundays are probably the best since we can get a lot more people in, since Mondays are...well mondays.

Also, I dont have a star in the group. Wheres my star dude? WHERES MY FUCKING STAR?????? -----______-------

#10 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@roughneck117:Sunday Afternoons?

#11 Posted by Swoxx (3003 posts) -

wow, just.. wow

#12 Posted by roughneck117 (193 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA: Yeah dude, Sunday afternoons are fine with me. We can transition from CSS to BC2 right from that. Hell maybe we will get more people into BC2 games.

#13 Posted by css_switchfoot (119 posts) -

i joined, but how do steam groups work? is it just like facebook groups? do you have your own server or will we be pugging it?

#14 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@css_switchfoot: For now we're going to be just filling up empty servers. Facebook groups as in you get notifications and popups when events are happening?

#15 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

@DAFTPUNK: Would you like to apply for the 10 month leadership program?

I don't need no leadership bullshit! I do what I want bitch :P

#16 Posted by Plasticstars (171 posts) -

Awesome, glad to see there are still are other people on GB who play.

#17 Posted by believer258 (11999 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

Hey dudes, dudettes, duders and duderinos, everyone loves some Counter Strike: Source action, but there doesn't seem to be a Steam group for it..... Well here it is!

I'm hoping to get some games going as soon as a good amount of people join the group.

Post here or on the group comments when you guys are good to play as well as any map requests. I'm currently for Friday nights but will change depending on when most people are free.

Well there you go.

Just a quick question: is this group still active? I've just now started playing CSS and it would be fun to play with some other duders. How is this going along or is it essentially dead now?

#18 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@believer258: The Giant Bomb PC Gaming Hub is where CSS and other games are now scheduled. Hit up the mumble channel or irc to see if any other people are up for some CSS.

#19 Posted by believer258 (11999 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

@believer258: The Giant Bomb PC Gaming Hub is where CSS and other games are now scheduled. Hit up the mumble channel or irc to see if any other people are up for some CSS.

Ah, thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.