Giant Bomb CSS Players?

#1 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
#2 Posted by Exlutonian (167 posts) -

Yeah

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14385 posts) -

I played it for a while, but never got hugely into it. I never played it a tonne online, I always felt really inferior and like one of the worst players because I was inexperienced, and the community never seemed too welcoming. I was probably just playing on the wrong servers though. I was fairly new to online gaming in general when I played it, so I probably made some bad server choices.

I did have a tonne of great LAN matches with a few of my mates against bots though. They were great fun.

#4 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Yeah, for a little while. I was younger then and thought I sucked. It turned out I did suck, but those guys who play it religiously are also crazy good. I have not touched the game in at least a year unfortunately.

#5 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Played competitively for seasons 1-3 of CAL and tried getting back into a few seasons ago and couldn't. I just pub now usually for like 30 minutes a day once i get home from work while I wait for dinner.

#6 Posted by fugie7 (1109 posts) -

yeah i use to play it but then i got bored with it and stop.

#7 Posted by jkz (4028 posts) -

I played from beta on until source which I stopped earlier this year. Made it to cevo-main and a brief stint in cal invite.  

Trying to focus more on writing and other video-game coverage now, and I just can't dedicate the nearly 30-40 hours I used to spend playing counter-strike.

#8 Posted by Tuggah (1072 posts) -

Every now and then I do. I have to use my brother's steam account though.

#9 Posted by CoverlessTech (746 posts) -

I only play gungame on a french server. Gungame is fun and the fact that they are french lets me ignore the elitism you get on most servers.

#10 Posted by Intercryllic (108 posts) -

I play quite often. Ive always like CS mainly because I can quickly get in and play a few rounds, get out, and have fun.

I did play a season of CAL but it seriously is not fun at all D:

#11 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

css is a joke. If you're going to play counterstrike, play 1.6.

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

got it, its damn boring... but if we wanna play together i'll give it a shot

#13 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

I've played CS, but only at my friend's house.  A group of them convinced me to buy it, so if anyone wants to play sometime add me on steam (Br3adfan).  I'm picking it up tomorrow

#14 Edited by Tearhead (2168 posts) -

I was REALLY into that game for like a year, I only play now when my friends want me to join.

#15 Posted by GoranP (1116 posts) -

Used to play CSS and CS 1.6 in CAL I.

#16 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, i play counter strike source. i was just playing it, i play it regularly but i suck at it.

#17 Posted by TosspoT (31 posts) -

1.6> source

#18 Posted by Butters (129 posts) -

Yeah I play CS quite a bit

#19 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

yeah i play css 

#20 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Well this is an old thread.

I play CSS but very rarely. Primarily because no one else is playing it.

#21 Posted by Miningguyx360 (325 posts) -

Yes, I play the counter-strike source 

with a Magic Mouse

#22 Posted by Meltbrain (2971 posts) -

Yeah. I've been playing since 1.1 so I'm around, but I'm usually on European servers. If you fancy a game though, feel free to hit me up. I'm usually around.

#23 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -

Yep, Its alot of fun, but i don't play it all the time. 

@miningguyx360 said:

" Yes, I play the counter-strike source  with a Magic Mouse "
Im so sorry.
#24 Posted by AngelKore (160 posts) -

I play it very often, although I wouldn't say that I'm not bad at it, which is probably the only reason why I enjoy it.
There is a brief period, about 2 months for me, where it was literally a grind for me to play it. Then eventually, it turned and I actually started getting kills, and then it moved from there. It's something you have to get used to, a time commitment.
I think I had a little too much time on my hands when I bought it.

#25 Posted by Callumrides (357 posts) -

yeah i play cs not much gd but i play

#26 Posted by Zaccheus (1794 posts) -

Wow, CSS really isn't popular at GB. I have played CS 1.5 and 1.6 a lot back in the day and bought CSS when it became available for Mac.

#27 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
#28 Posted by Cirdain (3089 posts) -

I would like a TNT with whiskey media

#29 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

I've been playing counter strike for the past 10 years, still my favorite online game. 

#30 Posted by TheCableKid (206 posts) -

@Br3adfan: CS tomorrow at like 6pm?

#31 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

@TheCableKid said:

@Br3adfan: CS tomorrow at like 6pm?

2 year old thread.

#32 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -

played source from season 1-5? we went 15-1 in main and swept playoffs to invite. did a lan tourny n quit

played cs since beta 5.2 

waiting for cs go, lucky enough im building a pc just for bf3 so i will be onboard for cs go.

#33 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

Yup, I play. Technically been playing since 1.0, but I took a massive break from the game about a year and a half after source came out. I've gotten back into it though and I'm really enjoying the new weapon rebalancing they've done.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.