Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

Crackdown 2 - Horrid Analogstick Sensitivity - Dead in the Water

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I could see me having fun with the mechanics of Crackdown 2. I could see me play it at a budget price in a year or two for a couple of sessions. 

But what the hell is with the analogstick sensitivity!?! And there's no sensitivity slider to adjust it. The camera/aim sensitivity is just way too low. Drags the game down about 10 notches. And it gets only about 6 or 7 notches to begin with. Horrid. 

Can't fathom the trend of less custimizable controls that's going on as of late. Such a low controller sensitivity ruins it for me. A sensitivity slider is a must-have for any game. Period.

Garden_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Garden_Ninja

I played the demo last night and thought the same thing.  The lock on made it a bit better (some people hate lock on in anything resembling a shooter;  I personally don't mind it), but it was still terrible.  I remember the first Crackdown had the same problem, but let you change the sensitivity, so I kind of assumed that this would also.  Hopefully it's just the demo.

I'll be honest though: it was hardly my only issue with the demo. I thought the first Crackdown was great and I've been looking forward to this since it was announced, especially after they announced 4 player co-op.  After playing the demo, it just feels like more Crackdown.  That's not bad per se, but I feel like sandbox games have moved on since then.  On the other hand, considering how excited I was for it, there was no way it could have lived up to my expectations. Still, there are some cool new things from videos (I only played about 10 minutes and turned it off, so I don't know whether they are in the demo), so I'm going to try the demo again tonight, to give it another chance to impress.  

Like I said, I enjoyed the first Crackdown, so I'm sure I will still play it.  I just may not buy it right away.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.