Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

Does anyone know if skill progression is sped up in the demo?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

Just wondering if anyone knows since it seems to go fairly quickly. I got all but the last agility level just in the 30 minute demo.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xMP44x

Indeed it is. According to the information the demo features accelerated levelling. So you know ;)

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @xMP44x said:
    " Indeed it is. According to the information the demo features accelerated levelling. So you know ;) "
    Ahh OK, must have missed that. Good, cause I was freakin out a little that it was so easy.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

At that rate you would be jumping over the moon at the game's end.
    The original game's demo did the same thing.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @EpicSteve said:
    " At that rate you would be jumping over the moon at the game's end. "
    Now THAT is what I want from Crackdown 2! 

Maybe in Crackdown 3.
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xMP44x
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @xMP44x said:
    " Indeed it is. According to the information the demo features accelerated levelling. So you know ;) "
    Ahh OK, must have missed that. Good, cause I was freakin out a little that it was so easy. "
    Believe me, I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering if the game was really short and they were compensating for that fact by making you godly before too long. I imagine it's going to be more akin to Crackdown's levelling system, where it took a considerable amount of time. Due to the awful melee combat in the game as well, it's going to take a long time to build up a full Strength skill without the accelerated levelling.
    Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Darksaw

I believe the first game's demo had 3x accelerated leveling. This one seems even more accelerated than that, I wouldn't worry, it'll probably take quite a while to max out your stats.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By gike987
    @xMP44x said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " @xMP44x said:
    Ahh OK, must have missed that. Good, cause I was freakin out a little that it was so easy. "
    Believe me, I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering if the game was really short and they were compensating for that fact by making you godly before too long. I imagine it's going to be more akin to Crackdown's levelling system, where it took a considerable amount of time. Due to the awful melee combat in the game as well, it's going to take a long time to build up a full Strength skill without the accelerated levelling. "
    Strength was the first thing I maxed in the first game, I used melee all the time. It leveled pretty fast too. The most tedious skill to max was easily driving.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @gike987 said:

" @xMP44x said:

" @JJWeatherman said:
    " @xMP44x said:
    Believe me, I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering if the game was really short and they were compensating for that fact by making you godly before too long. I imagine it's going to be more akin to Crackdown's levelling system, where it took a considerable amount of time. Due to the awful melee combat in the game as well, it's going to take a long time to build up a full Strength skill without the accelerated levelling. "
    Strength was the first thing I maxed in the first game, I used melee all the time. It leveled pretty fast too. The most tedious skill to max was easily driving. "
    Well you don't have to worry as much about that this time. With hundreds of those "freaks" on screen, all you have to do is drive around at night for a while splattering them with your ride. Should come fairly quickly even in the full game.
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xMP44x
    @JJWeatherman said:
    Well you don't have to worry as much about that this time. With hundreds of those "freaks" on screen, all you have to do is drive around at night for a while splattering them with your ride. Should come fairly quickly even in the full game. "
    That's exactly what I did. I also used the time glitch... does that make me a bad person? I do plan to buy the full game in the future though.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @xMP44x said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    Well you don't have to worry as much about that this time. With hundreds of those "freaks" on screen, all you have to do is drive around at night for a while splattering them with your ride. Should come fairly quickly even in the full game. "
    That's exactly what I did. I also used the time glitch... does that make me a bad person? I do plan to buy the full game in the future though. "
    There's a time glitch? As in to have infinite demo play time?
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xMP44x
    @JJWeatherman said:
    There's a time glitch? As in to have infinite demo play time? "
    Yup! You have to take out your ethernet cord as you prepare to enter the agent into the game and then try to enter again. Look on YouTube for a better description though.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @xMP44x said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    There's a time glitch? As in to have infinite demo play time? "
    Yup! You have to take out your ethernet cord as you prepare to enter the agent into the game and then try to enter again. Look on YouTube for a better description though. "
    Ah. Well I now have the built in wi-fi, so im not sure its possible. Oh well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.