Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

Does it bother you that story progression is only for the host?

Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FakePlasticTree
    Sadly it's also been revealed that single player mission progression is only saved for the host player, though Agent progression does carry back between your single and multiplayer games." 

While players can jump into friends' games at any point, only the host player will earn mission progress in the single-player game." 

I guess I just figured we were past that sort of thing by now. I don't really want to play co-op with some friends then if I want to continue the story on my own I have to start from the beginning. You still keep all your orbs and XP and all that jazz, but I'm a little disappointed that in order to play through the story co-op I am basically limited to one group of people, unless I want to continually repeat missions.  

I wonder if this also affects achievements. I wouldn't think so, but it would be a big downer to fight through a stronghold or something and at the end the host is the only one who gets the achievement. 
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan  Online

Doesn't bother me, I don't pay for Xbox Live Gold, and thus won't be playing online. 

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By slax

It does suck a bit. 
    But I figure my friends and I won't be all that constructive when we play together. It will just devolve into us killing each other and blowing stuff up. But whatever.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Demyx

That sucks I guess. Oh well.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ProfessorEss

Not really. Even if the story is 20 times better and deeper then the first Crackdown's we're still in wafer-thin territory.

@Slax said:

It will just devolve into us killing each other and blowing stuff up.

I dunno, that sounds pretty good to me.
    Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FakePlasticTree
    @Slax said:
    " It does suck a bit.  But I figure my friends and I won't be all that constructive when we play together. It will just devolve into us killing each other and blowing stuff up. But whatever. "
    Lol, you're probably right. Even in the demo I'm like the dog from Up. I'm just going to go to this objective over here and......OH THERE'S AN ORB!!!!
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By metal_mills

This game seems really behind the times in a lot of aspects.

coopdegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By coopdegra

if memory serves me correct, the first game was exactly like this, so there is no change. I don't think it really matters, if you have fun in the game wouldn't you want to play it over again.  i found the demo very enjoyably and i cant wait for the game, everything seems better.

RagingWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By RagingWolf

Damn, really? Borderlands was THAT much more fun knowing we all didn't have to play catch-up if we only played co-op.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Lukeweizer

That means you'll just get double (or quadruple if you play with 3 other friends) the orbs.

MasterJohnboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MasterJohnboy

Design decisions like this really annoys me.

nelander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By nelander

What was the alternative? something like Lost Planet 2, where only people who where on the same mission progression can join your game? I haven't played crackdown 1 or the demo (I have decided to get the game so no sense in playing the demo, I'll just wait until it is released) but the open world structure pretty much forces the game to this type of multiplayer.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By jadegl

It didn't bother me at all. Your agent keeps his progression, and that's the really important thing. The game goes pretty quick and  is much more fun when you go through it playing co-op, so I wouldn't have an issue with replaying portions for the benefit of a friend.

Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Nik_NYG

There are a lot of glaring oversights in this game but I dont think this is one of them

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By ch13696

Nope, not at all. You know what pissed me off most about Diablo II online? The fact that people like to rush. Meaning getting through the story as quick as possible. In a way I like to prepare myself for what's coming up. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.