Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

So about Zombies being in Crackdown 2...

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

That is what the trailer implied is it not?

The voiceover man says something about the whole city is infected, then super cop jumps down from building and fights a civilian and then a zombie comes up from the sewers and kills them both.
    At least thats what I thought happened.

Zombies in Crackdown 2 would be awesome, it would be like when everyone thought there were going to be zombies in GTA4 for a while (but it ended up just being a character skin)
    Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Reuben

I agree, Zombies or Monsters...Whatever it's going to be is going to be awesome. I wonder if you get enhanced powers for being infected while other powers diminish? Guess we'll have to wait and see. Can't wait for this one!

Psych0Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Psych0Penguin
    I thought: The super cop shoots and kills the civilian then the bullet makes a noise when it lands on the manhole cover and then as it pans out - a monster jumps up and the super cop goes: "Hey check out this rocket!!" and applied a rocket to that monsters forehead (side effects include: Explosions and Minor case of death)
    Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Reuben

Yeah, I too understood it as the cop killing the monster/zombie.

Psych0Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Psych0Penguin

I'm really excited for it though - Hope its more than 3 gangs this time but the 1st I bought for the lackluster Halo 3 beta and kept it (for a while) for the fun game!! Hope its good!!

Jerusahat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jerusahat

I guess it's a progression of Czernenko's mutants, which we released into the world in the first game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@Psych0Penguin said:
    " I thought: The super cop shoots and kills the civilian then the bullet makes a noise when it lands on the manhole cover and then as it pans out - a monster jumps up and the super cop goes: "Hey check out this rocket!!" and applied a rocket to that monsters forehead (side effects include: Explosions and Minor case of death) "
    Yeah, that what makes sense too.
    cdstacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cdstacker

there were those mutant enemies at the end of crackdown one that only got released if you killed a certain optional boss, I imagine these new things are like an extra faction. as long as i get to throw cars at them, I'm in.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By TheKidNixon

I think that it is a bit of a leap to call it a "zombie" so much as monsters in the sewer. Which I welcome; one of the few problems I ended up having towards the end-game of Crackdown was when I became so much better than every other individual person I was battling. If they have monsters, it would freshen up things and offer a potentially more dangerous enemy type, as well as an opportunity for escalation with stronger and stronger monsters.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Vinchenzo

No thanks, I don't want zombies in my Crackdown. Besides, "infected" doesn't just have to mean what you might assume.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

I just hope they keep in place the things that did make the first Crackdown pretty fun, since its a new team and everything. The trailer did look pretty cool though, hopefully they keep the core feel of Crackdown while improving it on all the parts that it was lacking in and they got themselves a great game.

Puppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Puppy

People have said that Prototype is cribbing Crackdown...but what with this whole infection nonesuch, I think it's the other way around. I believe Prototype has been in development since before Crackdown was even released.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hitchenson
    @Puppy said:
    " People have said that Prototype is cribbing Crackdown...but what with this whole infection nonesuch, I think it's the other way around. I believe Prototype has been in development since before Crackdown was even released. "
    You had the mutants in Crackdown 1 though. Yeah they were a small part, but they were there.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By toowalrus

We've already killed REAL dudes, time to take it a step further. Can't wait.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pibo47

Dude. I would love to fight like. 5 gangs, then pwn some monsters.

Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jeffery
    @Reuben said:
    " I agree, Zombies or Monsters...Whatever it's going to be is going to be awesome. I wonder if you get enhanced powers for being infected while other powers diminish? Guess we'll have to wait and see. Can't wait for this one! "
    this

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.