Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crash Bandicoot

Franchise »

Take control of Crash, a hyperactive bandicoot with an attitude as he tries to stop the evil scientist Dr. Neo Cortex from world domination. The popularity of the series led to Crash being the unofficial PlayStation mascot and selling 40 million copies with over 14 games released.

Is Crash Bandicoot officially dead?

• 71 results
    blade_r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@e30bmw said:

@blade_r: CTR is the best Mario Kart game.

CTR was awesome, I definitely liked it better than Mario Kart 64. Though I can't remember what Kart games I played after that other than Double Dash.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: @bananasfoster: Poor choice of words using "can't," but I personally wouldn't want them too. After all the crash games and the first Jak game, why keep going, though? The Crash games were becoming uninteresting and the first Jak game was a spin on it. They gave their platformer games more depth and went with a new IP. You can only do so much with the Crash formula so they introduced new mechanics and changed the name. Then they kept going with the theme of change rather than returning to the OG Crash formula or continuing off of the OG Jak mechanics.

And what I'm saying is that if they're going to revisit the Platformer genre, I would be happier with a new IP than Crash because I personally found it stale.

I'd be fine with a totally new IP. I didn't love Crash for any reason other than the gameplay.The character, actually, was kind of lame. But I think Crash nailed the gameplay in ways that mario 64 didn't. (which is why Cash is so much harder than Mario 64).

Ugh. All this talking about it is making me want to go play Crash again. I think I'll play some this afternoon.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow said:

@yummylee: @bananasfoster: Poor choice of words using "can't," but I personally wouldn't want them too. After all the crash games and the first Jak game, why keep going, though? The Crash games were becoming uninteresting and the first Jak game was a spin on it. They gave their platformer games more depth and went with a new IP. You can only do so much with the Crash formula so they introduced new mechanics and changed the name. Then they kept going with the theme of change rather than returning to the OG Crash formula or continuing off of the OG Jak mechanics.

And what I'm saying is that if they're going to revisit the Platformer genre, I would be happier with a new IP than Crash because I personally found it stale.

I'd be fine with a totally new IP. I didn't love Crash for any reason other than the gameplay.The character, actually, was kind of lame. But I think Crash nailed the gameplay in ways that mario 64 didn't. (which is why Cash is so much harder than Mario 64).

Ugh. All this talking about it is making me want to go play Crash again. I think I'll play some this afternoon.

I still really like Crash as a character. Though more specifically the elements of a mischievous, possibly insane marsupial than all of the 'tude, especially later on when they started giving him tribal tattoos and shit. He's certainly a much better character than both Jak and Daxter.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recon there is space for a new Crash Bandicoot game. If they could make it like the second game with many different level types and perhaps add some interesting gameplay mechanics it could be done as a full price retail game. However if they try to stick with the game as it was (just higher level graphics) then perhaps a budget price download only game would possibly work.

It would be really cool to see a new Crash Bandicoot game.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@beforet said:

I think Crash is long dead, and I'm not sure I want him coming back. Those were three real good games (and by three I mean 2, Warped, and CTR. All three of those games hold up, but the first one plays like hot garbage). Really, I think the best you could hope for is for those games to get rereleased on newer consoles, like FF7.

Sooo... no episodic remake then? Damn it!

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

No, just unofficially.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:
    @e30bmw said:

@blade_r: CTR is the best Mario Kart game.

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is the best Mario Kart game.

Honestly, I haven't played many cart racers since the N64/PS1 era. I was just making that hyperbolic statement to say that CTR is dope and is definitely better than Mario Kart 64.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@beforet said:

I think Crash is long dead, and I'm not sure I want him coming back. Those were three real good games (and by three I mean 2, Warped, and CTR. All three of those games hold up, but the first one plays like hot garbage). Really, I think the best you could hope for is for those games to get rereleased on newer consoles, like FF7.

Sooo... no episodic remake then? Damn it!

Multirelease Crash. We're releasing each level as its own game but don't worry, we will be expanding each level into it's own 20 hour, fully featured 3D platforming experience.

Also, he has a gun.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Crash lives on in our hearts.

Zaapp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@blade_r said:

With no word of a new game, or even news of remastering and porting the old games, is it safe to say it's over Crash?

That's not what "officially" means, so no.

blade_r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaapp1 said:
    @blade_r said:

With no word of a new game, or even news of remastering and porting the old games, is it safe to say it's over Crash?

That's not what "officially" means, so no.

Yeah I know lol if he was officially dead I wouldn't have to ask in the first place

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Crash and Croc went out in a blaze of glory, bonnie and clyde style.

blade_r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claybrez said:

Crash and Croc went out in a blaze of glory, bonnie and clyde style.

Aw man, I completely forgot about Croc! I loved those games too. Medievil and Jersey Devil were also favorites of mine as a kid lol

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I mean, wasn't Crash Bandicoot dead after 1999 when Crash Team Racing came out?

Crash Bash > Cash Team Racing (YEAH I SAID IT)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Yummylee

@oscar__explosion said:
    @arbitrarywater said:

I mean, wasn't Crash Bandicoot dead after 1999 when Crash Team Racing came out?

Crash Bash > Cash Team Racing (YEAH I SAID IT)

I can't stand by the notion that it's better than CTR, but I remember enjoying Crash Bash a lot years back. Favourite minigames were the pogo stick and crate throwing ones if I recall.

Also, your typo immediately brought to mind some sort of Johnny Cash themed kart racer, and I will now be eternally disappointed that such a thing will (probably) never exist!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Crash like many of the secondary character in that series were very sparse. There is not much substance to resurrect with a remake or re-imagining of the series. However, developers often find a way and I will never says never for a new Crash game.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

yes he died with the ps1. i really loved the ps1 games like a lot. but i dont want a anything new. i could possible go with the old games with updated graphics but thats about it because i bought CTR on ps3 and age has not treated it kindly.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

I still go back and play the original Crash as well as Crash Team Racing. Both still a blast to play!

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Classic murder suicide deal. Doctor Neo Cortex threatened to tell Tawna about their special relationship and he just snapped.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wasn't in Playstation All Stars brawl. If he wasn't allowed out for that, I don't see him coming back for anything.

Unless it's VR.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Bandicoots live that long.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.