Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crash Bandicoot

Franchise »

Take control of Crash, a hyperactive bandicoot with an attitude as he tries to stop the evil scientist Dr. Neo Cortex from world domination. The popularity of the series led to Crash being the unofficial PlayStation mascot and selling 40 million copies with over 14 games released.

Will we ever see a great Crash Bandicoot game again?

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By samcotts

I grew up playing and loving Crash, and it's frustrating seeing him turned into crap with every mediocre game that is released. He even has tattoos now, what the?! It's just not the Crash we all knew and loved. Just shows you how great Naughty Dog are as developers, because none of Crash's owners since have made one decent game.

Crash Bandicoot needs decent developers to return the series to it's former glory. I would LOVE to see another high quality Crash game, maybe another Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash too. I just can't see it happening though, well not for a long time anyhow :(

Your thoughts?

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By coakroach

Sadly I don't think so
    He's been sold off to companies that have twisted the characters and ruined the classic platforming
    Bringing Crash into the new gens would probably be far harder than bringing Sonic into new gens
    A man can dream though
    A man can dream

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By samcotts

Where's the Crash love?

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cube

Holy shit I love Crash so much. It actually makes me so sad that ND sold the franchise. Those games were my favorite PS1 games.

DeadWeezel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeadWeezel

Wait a sec, again?

I jest!  Never played one, just really hate the design of the characters in those games.  Not here to start an argument, just for a bit of ribbing  ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I liked the first two Crash games. I didn't care for the others.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

Crash's quality died out hugely when naught dog sold it off, if we ever do I think you would be greatly disappointed  in it :\

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By swamplord666

yeah sad to see my most beloved franchise turn into what it has become... A new naughtydog crash bandicoot would be great if they kept the original formula. I just think at this point people won't look at the developer and just see that it's just ANOTHER CB. the crash name has been tarnished and i don't think Naughty dog want it anymore :'(

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I thought the first two Crash games were pretty average. I liked them, but they weren't the best ever. The 3rd one, "Warped", is totally frickin awesome, though. If they make another one like that, I'd love it.

This is why platformers are dying. No great developers make them anymore, excluding Nintendo and Rare (this remains to be seen...)

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By danielkempster

Now that the character models have been messed with and spinning is no longer his primary attack, there's no going back, I don't think. Like Spyro before him, Crash is now being twisted beyond all recognition. All the original canon seems to have been disregarded and the games are no longer fun. If Crash comes back, I shall happily eat these words, but I really can't see it happening.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm betting on "sadly unlikely" as well.

Crash was incredible cause Naughty Dog was incredible.

On the bright-side, that awesomeness can usually be somewhat recaptured every time Naughty Dog releases a game.

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Quadrifoglio

It's definitely looking grim, that's for sure. If Naughty Dog got the rights to the series back, I would have some restored faith in the Crash Bandicoot franchise. But as it stands, The Crash Bandicoot franchise is pretty much fucked up beyond saving.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Nude_Dude
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By brukaoru

I think it needs to be left alone, like the Spyro franchise. Let them both be known for their awesome PS1 games, not their crappy sequels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.