Crash Commando = Genuis

#1 Posted by Flam3Thr0w3r (101 posts) -

It's one of the most addictive games that I have played in a while. It may be simple, but damn. It's really fun. I've just got a Commando rating on every Boot Camp mission and got a trophy for that, so now it's time to play some online play.
Is anybody else really enjoying this game? It got a 4/5 review here on Giant Bomb, but I don't really hear many people talking about it.

#2 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Genuis indeed.

#3 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

its a good game but i cant get in to it for long but it does deserve the 4/5 score

#4 Posted by Keeng (999 posts) -

Never played it. I noticed it has a side-scrolling view and that forces me to ask, is it anything like Bionic Commando Rearmed? I LOVE that game. 

#5 Posted by Rivix (162 posts) -

Its a fun game. Not perfect. Some of the weapons are useless and some people are just too damn good with others (sniper). I wish there was also more variety. 

Its fun now, but after I get 100% trophies, I can't see myself getting back into it. 
#6 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

I was mildly but I am gonna get other PSN titles so meh. Fat princess and Flower are higher on my list and willg et them when they are released

#7 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

With Jeff's review favorable, I might give it a shot.

#8 Posted by shambles (52 posts) -

just got this game earlier this week and ..yea Crash Commandos is mad fun... its like a warhawk meets contra for sure.. .  

weapons choice...   grenade launcher with grenades is my current favourite combination... . .although cab with land mines is a sicky im slowly disvoring... 

still havent managed to get a knife kill yet.. anyone? ...

#9 Posted by Keeng (999 posts) -

Wait...how is it like Warhawk?

#10 Posted by shambles (52 posts) -

it has a familiar combat structure..to Warhawk///  weapons ..jeeps.. tanks.. health.. armor .. land mines ... heck there is even somthing similar to a Tow missile... mind you there are no planes...  all put in a 2d contra type of shooter..

#11 Posted by StressedOutCat (239 posts) -

Its awesome !
I would describe it more like " Unreal meets Worms Armageddon "

#12 Posted by Bucketdeth (8005 posts) -

Damn I might have to buy this game.

#13 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -
Bucketdeth said:
"Damn I might have to buy this game."
lol dat tru
#14 Posted by ProfessorEss (7308 posts) -
#15 Posted by Stanford (139 posts) -

Is the online really comparible to Team Fortress 2?

#16 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

I find it really hard to play with. I wish they didn't require you to hold down a shoulder button to shoot.

#17 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -
Stanford said:
"Is the online really comparible to Team Fortress 2?"
1up describes the game as the "2D travel-version of TF2".
#18 Posted by LiquidPrince (15901 posts) -

I know not of this "Crash Commando" game...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.