Audio Glitches?

#1 Posted by bigwhiteyeti (46 posts) -

Hooked my old PS1 up, since I picked up CTR at a garage sale, and when I went to play the game, there is no voiceover dialogue to be heard. Aku Aku and N. Oxide-- anyone who has voiced lines, really, is silent where there should be dialoge... I am NOT emulating the game, it's on original hardware... Any ideas?

#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4785 posts) -
@bigwhiteyeti Oh god what is yor avatar from! It's some skiing game!

To answer your question I have no clue how to fix it. Sorry duder
#3 Posted by Vextroid (1427 posts) -

Games old man, you bought from a garage sale? Probably scratched to hell.

My copy has a tonne of scratches on it and has audio stutter and flat out missing audio, because the :laystation cant read the data from the scratches.

#4 Edited by bigwhiteyeti (46 posts) -

@Vextroid: Copy is actually pristine. I was surprised... I thought it might be that too.

Sackmanjones- it's from the Windows 95 pack in software- the game is SkiFree.

I also just tried playing it on my PS3, and the audio works fine... Gonna try my PS2 now...

EDIT: Works perfect on there too... must be my PS1.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.