Crashmo sequel to Pushmo is out today!

#1 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3577 posts) -

Reminder the sequel to Pushmo is out today on the 3DS eShop. Played around with the tutorial just now and this game feels like a completely new game. So far they allow you to slide the blocks left and right throughout the grid instead of just pushing the blocks in and out. The Addition of a new 3d camera so you can view this game from every side. Other major changes I've noticed so far was the addition of the laws of gravity to the blocks, so if there's no blocks holding up the top ones they fall straight down and if blocks are against one another you can use one block to move the other around in the direction your moving. Game cost $8.99 which is a bargain considering how much fun I had with Pushmo.

#2 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

HOOOOOOLY SHIT YES. That completely snuck up on me. Thanks for the reminder.

#3 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

I just gave the e-shop my money and the e-shop gave me the best game ever.

#4 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3577 posts) -

Man I'm at the beginning parts and the new elements ramps up the difficulty fast.

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Intelligent Software does it again.

#6 Posted by melodiousj (459 posts) -

GOTY.

That's all I have to say.

#7 Posted by L44 (566 posts) -

@melodiousj said:

GOTY.

That's all I have to say.

So does Brad.

#8 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1698 posts) -

Oh snap, this IS out! Going to download now! Thanks giantbomb.com!

#9 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1698 posts) -

Argh, kept getting errors in the eShop when trying to purchase :(

#10 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Seriously this. Amazed by the amount of quality games they pump out.

#11 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -
@msavo

@Phatmac said:

Seriously this. Amazed by the amount of quality games they pump out.

They're certainly one of the most underrated devs out there.
#12 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

So how is it?

#13 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3577 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

So how is it?

Haven't really had time to play it since Thanksgiving but I love it. Crashmo to me feels completely different, there have been times where I'm playing it and I forget I'm not playing Pushmo rules anymore. The effects of Gravity are what's tricky for me to get around, I'm always moving blocks and forgetting that the blocks will come crashing down and aren't stationary anymore. Another big change is giving you the ability to look at the puzzle from all sides, there's some pathways that can only be solved by going from the front camera and then having to jump to the back camera to find the upper paths to get up to the goal. Pushmo and Crashmo are easily some of the best games for the 3DS I've played.

#14 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4420 posts) -

@I_Stay_Puft: OK cool. Yeah Pushmo is seriously something else. I'll be sure to pick this up too.

#15 Posted by BasketSnake (1239 posts) -

The music reminds me of 3D dot heroes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.