Barely-audible F-bomb

#1 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1143 posts) -

So, believe it or not, Crazy Taxi includes several instances of the word "fuck". The F-bombs occur in the Offspring song "Way Down the Line", which is featured on the soundtrack.  This is something I have known since the game came out, because as a younger man I was way into The Offspring, but it's something I rediscovered this evening as I was rewatching the QL Jeff and Ryan did. 

My point is, I believe this to be the first and possibly only T-rated (this topic might be confusing to EU/AUS people; sorry) game to feature this particular obscenity. Can anybody think of another example?

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19345 posts) -

Ah, perhaps.  It'd be nice if you had posted a video as verification, though. 

I can't really think of a T-rated game where "fuck" was used, uncensored.  As a similar example, I was really surprised when I learned "shit" could be used in a T-rated game via Mirror's Edge.

#3 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" As a similar example, I was really surprised when I learned "shit" could be used in a T-rated game via Mirror's Edge. "
Shit has been used in PG-13 movies for a long time, and even in PG movies before they made the PG-13 rating, so it shouldn't be too surprising.
#4 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Yeah Mirror's Edge was one that surprised me recently for uncensored swearing in a T-rated game.
#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19345 posts) -
@Redbullet685 said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" As a similar example, I was really surprised when I learned "shit" could be used in a T-rated game via Mirror's Edge. "
Shit has been used in PG-13 movies for a long time, and even in PG movies before they made the PG-13 rating, so it shouldn't be too surprising. "
We're not talking about movies.  I had absolutely never heard uncensored swearing in a T-rated game before ME, hence my surprise.
#6 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:
I also learned shit could be used in T-rated games with Mirror's Edge. 

My Google search didn't help at all, the only thing I noticed was somebody talking about the F word in Crazy Taxi on Sega's forums.  It may be the only one.
#7 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1143 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: 

If you watch the Quick Look or listen to the song, it's fairly apparent. It comes up after the second verse: "you fuck(ed?) up just like your parents did".
#8 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

I swore a lot while playing N+, does that count?

#9 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

On a related note, i love how that song ends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.