Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crazy Taxi

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released 1999

A high-octane taxicab driving game for arcades. Instead of racing other opponents, the cabbies must race the clock and dodge traffic to deliver their patrons to their destinations as fast as they can.

Crazy Taxi Collectable

snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Edited By snake911

While on eBay a few months ago searching for Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast, I came across the Crazy Taxi action figure.  WHAT!  There was a toy for this game!  Well, I could not have passed this little gem up, so I snatched it for a cool seven bucks.

No Caption Provided

Apparently GamePro, back in 2002, teamed up with JoyRide Studios to create a series of action figures and collectables that evolved around some of Sega’s franchises.  And one of those said franchises was Crazy Taxi!  And let me tell you, this is one rad collectable.
      The box
     The box

Everything about it is highly detailed and contains a few items that make it worthwhile.  First would be the package it came in.  Just look at it!  There’s so much great content featured on it that I had to take some pictures to show it off.  On the front, you can see that there are four primary items: Axel (the driver), Biff and Buzz (Axel’s customers), and Axel’s taxi cab.  On the back of the box, it displays all of the other collectables for the Sega series.  Another neat thing about the box is that it opens up on the side to reveal a review of the game from GemePro!  Note that the review is for the PS2 version.

Now, on to the main item.  First off, the cab itself.  Highly detailed and seems to capture the model from the game very well.  From the grill, to the taillights, to the license plate that notes Axel’s license plate number, 1NOM155, this model of the game’s car is top notch and couldn’t be any better.  The three figures that come with the cab are detachable and can be placed on different seats.  Each of the figures has a small stump on the bottom of one of the shoes that fit into a matching hole on the floor of the car, so they stay in place when in the car.  The figures are also detailed and match the designs from the game perfectly.

Also included is a mail-in subscription form for the magazine and a card that gives some cheats for the PS2 version of the game.  So yeah, all-in-all, this was an awesome collectable that I felt needed to be shown off to the GB community.  Below is a galley of images I took of it.  Click here for a direct link to the gallery if you want to see the high quality images.

BONUS:
    By the way, have any of you seen that Hyundai commercial that shows a kid playing Crazy Taxi?  It’s pretty funny.  I’ve only seen it once a few months ago on TV, but recently found it on YouTube.   Check it out below!
    snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By snake911

While on eBay a few months ago searching for Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast, I came across the Crazy Taxi action figure.  WHAT!  There was a toy for this game!  Well, I could not have passed this little gem up, so I snatched it for a cool seven bucks.

No Caption Provided

Apparently GamePro, back in 2002, teamed up with JoyRide Studios to create a series of action figures and collectables that evolved around some of Sega’s franchises.  And one of those said franchises was Crazy Taxi!  And let me tell you, this is one rad collectable.
      The box
     The box

Everything about it is highly detailed and contains a few items that make it worthwhile.  First would be the package it came in.  Just look at it!  There’s so much great content featured on it that I had to take some pictures to show it off.  On the front, you can see that there are four primary items: Axel (the driver), Biff and Buzz (Axel’s customers), and Axel’s taxi cab.  On the back of the box, it displays all of the other collectables for the Sega series.  Another neat thing about the box is that it opens up on the side to reveal a review of the game from GemePro!  Note that the review is for the PS2 version.

Now, on to the main item.  First off, the cab itself.  Highly detailed and seems to capture the model from the game very well.  From the grill, to the taillights, to the license plate that notes Axel’s license plate number, 1NOM155, this model of the game’s car is top notch and couldn’t be any better.  The three figures that come with the cab are detachable and can be placed on different seats.  Each of the figures has a small stump on the bottom of one of the shoes that fit into a matching hole on the floor of the car, so they stay in place when in the car.  The figures are also detailed and match the designs from the game perfectly.

Also included is a mail-in subscription form for the magazine and a card that gives some cheats for the PS2 version of the game.  So yeah, all-in-all, this was an awesome collectable that I felt needed to be shown off to the GB community.  Below is a galley of images I took of it.  Click here for a direct link to the gallery if you want to see the high quality images.

BONUS:
    By the way, have any of you seen that Hyundai commercial that shows a kid playing Crazy Taxi?  It’s pretty funny.  I’ve only seen it once a few months ago on TV, but recently found it on YouTube.   Check it out below!
    sawfish22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By sawfish22

Dude, that's totally awesome.  I wish I had one. 

And impressed how much you were able to talk about a collectible toy car (along with an entire paragraph devoted to describing the toy's packaging).  Nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.