Soundtrack

#1 Posted by WrathOfBanja (352 posts) -

Dear god, the new soundtrack is horrible. Does anyone know where a tracklist can be found, or recognize any of the songs? I kinda want to know what it is that I'm hating on...

#2 Posted by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

 I have no idea what this new music is, though I definitely agree it's bad. 
 
But seriously, what kind of bullshit version of Crazy Taxi doesn't start off with YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH?

#3 Posted by WrathOfBanja (352 posts) -

A version thats just begging you to rip the correct music to your hard drive!

#4 Posted by Jeust (10453 posts) -
@Soapy86 said:
"  I have no idea what this new music is, though I definitely agree it's bad. 
 
But seriously, what kind of bullshit version of Crazy Taxi doesn't start off with YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH? "
Yeah! I have that same game for the PC, released a while back, and the soundtrack is atrocious.  
 
I miss Offspring! 
 
#5 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Are the new songs in house Sega products or just shit licensed stuff?

#6 Posted by WrathOfBanja (352 posts) -
@HandsomeDead:   
I think its just shit licensed stuff. 
Although its also possible that Sega is just incredibly emo. 
#7 Posted by NTM (7235 posts) -

@WrathOfBanja said:

"@HandsomeDead:    I think its just shit licensed stuff.   Although its also possible that Sega is just incredibly emo. 

                   

                "


 

Offspring did the music for the original Crazytaxi which is licensed. What do you mean by licensed shit?
#8 Posted by RJPelonia (854 posts) -

Here you go:
 
Pivit - Fingercuffs
Pivit - Middle Children
Total Chaos - What You Gonna Do
Total Chaos - Let It Roll
Too Rude - The Distance
 
For comparison sake, here's the original soundtrack:
 
The Offspring - All I Want
The Offspring - Way Down the Line
The Offspring - Change the World
The Offspring - The Meaning of Life
Bad Religion - Them and Us
Bad Religion - Inner Logic
Bad Religion - Hear It
Bad Religion - Them and Us

#9 Posted by WrathOfBanja (352 posts) -
@NTM said:
"

@WrathOfBanja said:

"@HandsomeDead:    I think its just shit licensed stuff.   Although its also possible that Sega is just incredibly emo.  
 
Offspring did the music for the original Crazytaxi which is licensed. What do you mean by licensed shit? "
Word order is important...
 
@RJPelonia:
Thanks brosef
#10 Posted by WrathOfBanja (352 posts) -
@RJPelonia: 
Wait, I think that's the PC version's soundtrack.
#11 Posted by RJPelonia (854 posts) -
@WrathOfBanja: 
Ah. Sorry, I thought Jeff and Brad said in the Quick Look the re-released version of Crazy Taxi was mostly a port of PC version. I guess that doesn't hold true to the soundtrack. Nevermind then. My bad.
#12 Edited by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -
@RJPelonia: Dude I could have sworn this was on the soundtrack, I was working at tiny EB in London when the DC version was released and we played is as loud as the TV's would go for weeks.
#13 Posted by Jeust (10453 posts) -
@RJPelonia said:
" @WrathOfBanja:  Ah. Sorry, I thought Jeff and Brad said in the Quick Look the re-released version of Crazy Taxi was mostly a port of PC version. I guess that doesn't hold true to the soundtrack. Nevermind then. My bad. "
They did say it. But is the soundtrack different?
#14 Posted by WrathOfBanja (352 posts) -

Alright, so I guess if you get a class S license it shows you the credits.
 
The tracklist is: 
Burn the Fields - Escape Artist
The Hooks - Get Out
Johnny Rumble - Black Radio
Three Against Four - Jump, Bins 
Lions, Lions - Radiator
One Light Out - Orange Wednesday 
The Juliet Dagger - Flinch
The Juliet Dagger - Taking it Back
The Juliet Dagger - Ragdoll
The Vicious Five - Your Mouth is a Guillotine
Theron Day - The Chase
The Days The Night- Radical Sabbatical  
We Are Invisible - Spy Chaser   
 
So yeah, nobody you've ever heard of, or ever will hear of again.

#15 Posted by Jeust (10453 posts) -
@WrathOfBanja said:
" Alright, so I guess if you get a class S license it shows you the credits.  The tracklist is:  Burn the Fields - Escape Artist The Hooks - Get Out Johnny Rumble - Black Radio Three Against Four - Jump, Bins  Lions, Lions - RadiatorOne Light Out - Orange Wednesday  The Juliet Dagger - Flinch The Juliet Dagger - Taking it Back The Juliet Dagger - Ragdoll The Vicious Five - Your Mouth is a Guillotine Theron Day - The Chase The Days The Night- Radical Sabbatical   We Are Invisible - Spy Chaser     So yeah, nobody you've ever heard of, or ever will hear of again. "
It's just that good... ahah
#16 Posted by GristleMcThornbody (159 posts) -

Unplayable without The Offspring. 'Nuff said

#17 Posted by gamb1t (964 posts) -

Offspring taxi. That was a great game

#18 Posted by Hypertreb (104 posts) -

The Offspring music is a part of what gave the game it's identity. Without it, it's just not the same.
#19 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

There are two bands that come to mind that you can compose an entire soundtrack from. Offspring and Daft Punk. 
If they got rid of Offspring, the least they could have done was replaced it with some Daft Punk.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.