This really isn't a video game concept

#1 Posted by natetodamax (19208 posts) -

A baby being born during development has absolutely nothing to do with anything about the game. Should this page exist?

#2 Posted by lukeissxc (245 posts) -

They acknowledge babies that are born during the development of a game in its credits. Credits are technically part of the game.  This page isn't something that is really needed but I can also see why someone would create it.
#3 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

maybe it had some effect one the development of said game ?

#4 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

I heard babies were good power cores, they might've used them to fuel development.
#5 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -
@Geno: Smurfberries are much better.
#6 Posted by mracoon (4972 posts) -

This should be deleted.

Moderator
#7 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -
@lukeissxc said:
" They acknowledge babies that are born during the development of a game in its credits. Credits are technically part of the game.  This page isn't something that is really needed but I can also see why someone would create it. "
If babies are part of the credits, shouldn't they have their own "People" page then?
#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Geno said:
" I heard babies were good power cores, they might've used them to fuel development. "
Or maybe they took time off to take care of the baby, in turn hurting the game development.
 
So that's what happened to Duke Nukem Forever!     :P
#9 Posted by natetodamax (19208 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @lukeissxc said:
" They acknowledge babies that are born during the development of a game in its credits. Credits are technically part of the game.  This page isn't something that is really needed but I can also see why someone would create it. "
If babies are part of the credits, shouldn't they have their own "People" page then? "
That's a good point.
#10 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Geno said:
" I heard babies were good power cores, they might've used them to fuel development. "
Or maybe they took time off to take care of the baby, in turn hurting the game development.
 
So that's what happened to Duke Nukem Forever!     :P "

Duke Nukem forever probably has more "babies born in development" in its credits than it has developers.
#11 Posted by Soap (3596 posts) -
@Geno said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Geno said:
" I heard babies were good power cores, they might've used them to fuel development. "
Or maybe they took time off to take care of the baby, in turn hurting the game development.
 
So that's what happened to Duke Nukem Forever!     :P "
Duke Nukem forever probably has more "babies born in development" in its credits than it has developers. "
Are you implying that the people working on Duke Nukem Forever could encourage women to sleep with them in the first place?!
#12 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@Soap said:
" @Geno said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Geno said:
" I heard babies were good power cores, they might've used them to fuel development. "
Or maybe they took time off to take care of the baby, in turn hurting the game development.
 
So that's what happened to Duke Nukem Forever!     :P "
Duke Nukem forever probably has more "babies born in development" in its credits than it has developers. "
Are you implying that the people working on Duke Nukem Forever could encourage women to sleep with them in the first place?! "

Good point.
#13 Edited by Snail (8607 posts) -
@lukeissxc said:

" They acknowledge babies that are born during the development of a game in its credits. Credits are technically part of the game.  This page isn't something that is really needed but I can also see why someone would create it. "

If so, then shouldn't the page be called "Games that inform you in the credits that a baby was born during development"?. That sounds like a pretty unnecessary page to me, but if you guys like it. At least make a request to change the name, because the name, right now, looks nothing like the title of a concept page. In fact, it makes no sense as a title of a concept page.
#14 Posted by gakon (1952 posts) -

Let's also note that the deck says this practice "has become common" although only two games are listed ;)

#15 Posted by Marino (4715 posts) -

It's borderline I guess, but I think it's okay.  And it's not the page's creator's obligation to seek out every game that qualifies for a new concept.  I myself have noticed the baby credits in several games over the past few years.  I just saw it in Borderlands yesterday.

Staff
#16 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Yeah, I think this is a bad idea. Though, I would have nothing against a concept of game characters that are born during a game.

#17 Posted by newmarcom (296 posts) -

Shouldn't "credits" itself be a concept and this page be a sub-topic of it. It can easily consolidate the all the other credit concept pages.

#18 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

Babies are credited, so they can have a page.  HOWEVER...I don't necessarily know whether it should be a concept page or something else.

#19 Posted by Lukeweizer (2692 posts) -
@Marino said:
" It's borderline I guess, but I think it's okay.  And it's not the page's creator's obligation to seek out every game that qualifies for a new concept.  I myself have noticed the baby credits in several games over the past few years.  I just saw it in Borderlands yesterday. "
Credits spoilers. 
#20 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1378 posts) -

You don't see babies credited in other mediums, so it's a video game specific concept. Bank job.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.