Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 25, 2008

A prequel to the fan favorite Final Fantasy VII, focusing on Zack Fair and his adventures as a member of SOLDIER in Shinra Corporation.

This is one of the best PsP games out there.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Optiow

FF Crisi core really is one of the best PsP games ever made. It has so much reply value and such a great story that it is one of the best PsP games.  When I first got it I found it all confusing, the battle system was weird and it was hard to play, but once I got used to it I played it so much that I have totally finished it now, I have completed it 100% and it took me 34 hours to do it O.o, that includes the story line, the extra missions (which are great when you are on the go). And the story is like all FF games, in short it never gets boring.
    So overall FF Crisis Core is a great PsP game, who agrees?

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I concur. Nothing else on the PSP even touches this game.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Stang

It is pretty good, but the tedium of the missions wreck what could have been a truly awesome game. I actually teared up at the end, that says a lot.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187
    FuzzYLemoN said:
    I concur. Nothing else on the PSP even touches this game.
    Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow is pretty fucking amazing, sir.  I don't honestly think Crisis Core touches that game.  I've also heard excellent things about the Patapon series and Resistance Retribution.

Then again, with Crisis Core being related to Final Fantasy VII...I didn't really give a shit about the game to start.  I still gave it a chance, just to be as fair as I could...and it was a pretty good game.  I agree with the tedium of the missions comment, but the big thing for me was that the combat eventually got as boring as FFVII was in general for me.  =  /

Glad you got a game that you love, though.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stang

I agree on two fronts jakob, Logan's Shadow is one of the best the PSP has to offer, and battles in Crisis Core begin to be a chore, even if you are sticking solely to the story arc. The game is not long if you decided not to do missions, there is no reason for combat to feel so dull.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FuzzYLemoN
    jakob187 said:
    FuzzYLemoN said: I concur. Nothing else on the PSP even touches this game. Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow is pretty fucking ... [more]
    SF and Resistance were... moderately functional, but they still felt like console games stuffed onto a handheld platform, which is what kept me from loving them. Patapon's a fun little game, though I'd still easily pick CC over it.
    Opinions, of course, all opinions.
    Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Shadow71

I tell people to this day, that this game can justify the entire purchase price of a PSP, it's just THAT good of an action RPG

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Icemael

It's the worst PSP game I've played.

The battles consist of you pressing X over and over until everything's dead. Magic? Pointless, healing spells aside. Summons? Happen randomly. Navigation? The game fucking walks up to the enemies for you. Repetitive, tedious dungeons; disjointed, poorly told story; the shittiest leveling system I've ever seen -- it's a complete fucking mess. The soundtrack and the ending are the only decent things in the game.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Marz

Had more fun with Peace Walker personally in terms of best psp game out there.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By owl_of_minerva
    @Icemael said:
    " It's the worst PSP game I've played.

The battles consist of you pressing X over and over until everything's dead. Magic? Pointless, healing spells aside. Summons? Happen randomly. Navigation? The game fucking walks up to the enemies for you. Repetitive, tedious dungeons; disjointed, poorly told story; the shittiest leveling system I've ever seen -- it's a complete fucking mess. The soundtrack and the ending are the only decent things in the game. "
    Quoted for truth. I fail to see how hitting x to win constitutes the best game on the PSP, unless it's the only game you've played. In fact, not even the writing and soundtrack are up to the series average (names like Angeal, seriously?), so FF: CC was almost entirely superfluous except as a reminder that FFVII was a pretty good game (which its spin-offs are not).
    BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BombKareshi

What are the chances of there being an option for hearing the Japanese voices on this game?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan
    @BombKareshi:
    The english voices are fine.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The story is awful.  It's absolute nonsense from start to finish and contributes very little to the FFVII lore, and let's not get started on the characters, I don't think Genesis could have even appealed to the 14 year old fangirls.  Gameplay isn't particularly enjoyable either..  At best, I'd call it a decent game, but far from the best game on the system. 

Peace Walker, Half Minute Hero, Dissidia, Monster Hunter, Persona 3, Phantasy Star Portable 2...  All far better games.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @BombKareshi said:
    "What are the chances of there being an option for hearing the Japanese voices on this game? "

The English voices are actually pretty good, it's one of the very good points of the game I'd highlight. 

Although frankly, I never understood why people prefer Japanese voices..  English dubs can be bad, but the Japanese actors often put just as little effort in.. and female characters are always very high pitched and annoying.  Very little diversity, even when it doesn't suit the character.
    BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BombKareshi
    @ImmortalSaiyan:@WinterSnowblind: 
    Come on, guys, that wasn't my question. Regardless of the quality of the English voices, some of my favourite Japanese voice actors are in that game and I'd hate to miss out on hearing them play some of my favourite characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.