What do you think of Crisis Corse

#1 Posted by Rayneth (9 posts) -

So what do you think of final fantasy crisis core?

#2 Posted by Aria (24 posts) -

I found it to be 95% fanservice, disliked the single button combat and thought the whole Lazard transformation thing was far too random. Also, with nearly every minor enemy having a single wing, it made me question Sephiroth's awesomeness.

But I had to play it anyway. Damn Squarenix's milk.

#3 Posted by NWA (28 posts) -

i thought it was fun, but too repetitive.  x, x, x, x, x, x...

#4 Posted by Rayneth (9 posts) -
Yeah true about the repetivness lol, but mixed with skills and spells i found the combat fun. But i thought the slot machine was a weird choice. The story was great but you cant level up your character, like putting up stats etc.
#5 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

The best story in a game, EVER!!!!

#6 Posted by Antsmifff (38 posts) -

Yeah i liked it :) felt it was good for a final fantasy to play really differently to other games in the series. So on top of being a good game, it was a really refreshing outlook on final fantasy.

#7 Posted by Mattox (4 posts) -

I'm about 3 hours in and so far its pretty cool. Havent really played many FF games but I'm enjoying it.

#8 Posted by AnonymousLegion (64 posts) -

It had a great story. Many twists that were unexpected. Gameplay is a little repetitive, but you are playing an RPG, don't forget.

#9 Posted by zitosilva (1837 posts) -

I loved it, it gave an entire new meaning to Final Fantasy VII, a game which I already loved. Also, it is the first spin off from the series that doesn't absolutely sucks, which is something good.

I didn't find the combat to be repetitive.  With all the costumization that is possible I had lots of fun fighting.

#10 Posted by TheKing (788 posts) -

Great game. I loved Zack's story, thought he was a great character.

#11 Edited by TheWeirdPeanut (21 posts) -

I thought the story was really good and I thought it was good that we got to know Zack better :D. Thought the battle system was a tiny bit repetitive though

#12 Posted by lawblob (37 posts) -

I thought the game was overall a fantastic experience, though I do think the story was a little too nonsensical at some points.  Definitely my favorite PSP game ever. 

#13 Posted by Strife88 (225 posts) -

I haven't picked it up yet, but plan on it soon.

#14 Posted by pikastar (95 posts) -

I loved it, one of my favorite games on any system. On my 3rd time playing it now. The first time I got 100% and the 2nd I just went through the story and not the side missions. Great characters and story. The ending was very well done.

#15 Posted by BinaryDragon (637 posts) -

I  loved every moment, cried a few times. It's quite moving. I do really think they will release an updated version for the ps3 or PSP. they HAVE to now.

PLEASE SQUARE-ENIX!

#16 Posted by dadgad (6 posts) -

Here comes the hater....

I just finished it and I have to say that I was left with a sense of "meh" by the whole thing.  The dialog was pretty cheesy, the combat was repetitive, the voice acting was spotty, and the whole "Mind your own business" thing with the limit breaks really got on my nerves.  Maybe I had my hopes set too high because I was so pumped about this game.  I still think it is a great game, just not what I hoped for.

#17 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I am playing through it right now, really a great experience so far though I am afraid it is going to be on the short side. I like how the whole game is focused around Zack's emotions from battle to story. Also I have personally found "randomly spamming X" for battles to not work, much bigger focus on guarding and dodging... But hey I don't like to die, I have had the same phoenix down on me for literally half the game...

Also, the music is freaking excellent.

#18 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I really enjoyed it. I think people playing it the first time shouldn't bother with doing too many side quests, that can make the game become repetitive very quickly. If you stick to just the main quest most of the time, I think you'll enjoy it.

#19 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -
Aria said:
"I found it to be 95% fanservice, disliked the single button combat and thought the whole Lazard transformation thing was far too random. Also, with nearly every minor enemy having a single wing, it made me question Sephiroth's awesomeness.

But I had to play it anyway. Damn Squarenix's milk."
Exactly my thoughts.

I thought it was honestly a really poor game.
#20 Edited by Rorschach (316 posts) -

I've beat CC twice now, and I still don't understand how to play it. At all.

#21 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -

loved it great game and very sad also

#22 Posted by Cirdain (2957 posts) -

I get bored very quickly unlless the story is good. So it didn't like the game.

#23 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

I thought the story was pretty bad. Not horrible, but not even close to the same level as a traditional Final Fantasy game. It's very obviously a Tetsuya Nomura experience... characters that are too cool for school with a lot of fluff in between.

The gameplay is decent, but gets repetitive. Spells add a little bit to the mix, but are also pretty repetitive. The whole summon/limit break system is mindless. Eh, it's kind of a mindless experience playing it.

Anyway, I didn't hate it in spite of all this. I just found it a bit mundane.
#24 Posted by MrKlorox (11186 posts) -

Didn't touch the story... power leveling via missions atm. Nothing special, that's for sure. Hopefully they add a lot more depth with the FFXIII PSP game coming out.

#25 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

I thought it was crap. it was a sequal to an all ready fragmented plot hole filled game it made no sense half the time that nearly every thing in this game happend in the first 2 hours of final fantasy 7 like word for word scene for scene, then you have the useless random leveling system that wasnt random and limit break thing that was and would often not give you what you wanted when you needed it, the crappy quest part of the game which had about 7 unique maps used over 300 or so times, and the like 20-30 enemies reused so many times it got boring.

#26 Posted by optimusprime223 (395 posts) -

loved it, did get a little a little repetitive and the DMW could be maddening at times but the story and everything was very cool, in a stupid 'this is a japanese game can you tell?" kinda way...

#27 Posted by Soap (3530 posts) -

I absolutely loved it, sure most of it was fan service but unlike most fan service games they managed to create a compelling and intresting story that added to the original without  sacrificing what we already know and love. I think the combat system was cool and different and pretty well suited for the PSP and the graphics for a PSP game were outstanding. Love it.

#28 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -
optimusprime223 said:
"...but the story and everything was very cool, in a stupid 'this is a japanese game can you tell?" kinda way..."
That's likely why quite a few people found it mind-numbing. Few of the Final Fantasy games suffer from this as much as Crisis Core did.
#29 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -
optimusprime223 said:
" the story and everything was very cool, in a stupid 'this is a japanese game can you tell?" kinda way..."
I think you mean, "this is a Tetsuya Nomura game can you tell?"
#30 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
Patchinko said:
"optimusprime223 said:
" the story and everything was very cool, in a stupid 'this is a japanese game can you tell?" kinda way..."
I think you mean, "this is a Tetsuya Nomura game can you tell?""
Eh, Tetsuya Nomura was only the character designer for CC. Meaning his role in anything you are referring to (director, writer, etc) was well... nonexistent.
#31 Edited by Patchinko (841 posts) -
Zenaxzd said:
"Patchinko said:
"optimusprime223 said:
" the story and everything was very cool, in a stupid 'this is a japanese game can you tell?" kinda way..."
I think you mean, "this is a Tetsuya Nomura game can you tell?""
Eh, Tetsuya Nomura was only the character designer for CC. Meaning his role in anything you are referring to (director, writer, etc) was well... nonexistent."
All one has to do is point out the blaring similarity in style outweighing story present in Advent Children and how the same thing happened in Crisis Core to prove my point. 

Nomura doesn't have to be the director for it to be a Tetsuya Nomura type game. Like I said earlier, "characters that are too cool for school with a lot of fluff in between." I didn't "refer" to him as director, writer, or anything else.
#32 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I am nearing the end of the game myself and well I think you are onto the style thing to a slight degree. I mean some of the flashy cut scenes that do little for the story could be removed (sephiroth fight with genesis for example) but still I think the story is excellent and is not overpowered by fluff and style in the least.

#33 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -
Zenaxzd said:
"I am nearing the end of the game myself and well I think you are onto the style thing to a slight degree. I mean some of the flashy cut scenes that do little for the story could be removed (sephiroth fight with genesis for example) but still I think the story is excellent and is not overpowered by fluff and style in the least."
Yeah, the story was okay. But the cutscenes are bad ass. You know what I mean? That's what I meant when I said that, anyway.
#34 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
Patchinko said:
"Zenaxzd said:
"I am nearing the end of the game myself and well I think you are onto the style thing to a slight degree. I mean some of the flashy cut scenes that do little for the story could be removed (sephiroth fight with genesis for example) but still I think the story is excellent and is not overpowered by fluff and style in the least."
Yeah, the story was okay. But the cutscenes are bad ass. You know what I mean? That's what I meant when I said that, anyway."
Ah-ha. Indeed, even though I still think the sephi/gen fight was unneeded to the story... it was still eye candy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.