Why isn't this on PSN?

#1 Posted by sewageking1 (19 posts) -

Self explanatory.  Does anyone know of a legitimate reason why this isn't on PSN?  I only ask because I really prefer to buy my PSP games digitally -- not to mention that once the Vita is released, UMD's will essentially be obsolete.

#2 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

I dunno, but it's a damn good game.

#3 Edited by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

Either Square-Enix don't want to release it on the PSN for whatever reason or it's just not available in your region. 

Edit: Looks like you're not the only one who wants it on PSN.

#4 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1260 posts) -

I have no idea why they don't release their back catalog either but I pretty much avoid buying PSP games on UMD. You get way better battery life on downloaded games.

If they did release Crisis Core on PSN I would heavily consider it. As it is, I'm debating whether to by Persona 2 on UMD or PSN. I'd prefer PSN but I would get the soundtrack if I bought it on UMD.

#5 Posted by mosespippy (4112 posts) -

Square didn't put Kingdom Hearts on PSN when it was new so I doubt they are going to put up their back catalogue. I'd file this one under the "Japanese corporation doesn't understand the internet" category. 

#6 Edited by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

And this is why the Go failed. Couldn't get half the decent PSP games in the store. So naturally, the pirates had a better experience with the Go. A 16GB tiny PSP that's easily hacked to run ISOs and Gameboy games is a pirate's dream handheld, especially at the prices they've gone for when they were cancelled. What a dumb move by Sony, made odder by the fact that they made some pretty good decisions in that era with PS3 exclusives and the 300$ Slim.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.