Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Critter Crunch

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 08, 2009

Eat critters and vomit rainbows in this puzzle game from Capybara Games.

Critter Crunch - This game is, like, so awesome!

matraque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By matraque

This game is a gem.  On console, it's a PSN exclusive, but you can get it for on the iPhone as well.  It's 6.99$ and probably the best game i bought.  It's easy to play, but hard to master type of game.  It is basically a chain puzzle game.  But in the form of Food Chains.  A small critter will feed a medium one and a medium one will feed a large one.  The mechanics are very simple, but it's really addicting. 

If you have a PS3, this game is a must buy.  An awesome Indie game. 

matraque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By matraque

This game is a gem.  On console, it's a PSN exclusive, but you can get it for on the iPhone as well.  It's 6.99$ and probably the best game i bought.  It's easy to play, but hard to master type of game.  It is basically a chain puzzle game.  But in the form of Food Chains.  A small critter will feed a medium one and a medium one will feed a large one.  The mechanics are very simple, but it's really addicting. 

If you have a PS3, this game is a must buy.  An awesome Indie game. 

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mesklinite

I'm sad I don't have a PS3, the game looks amazing!
    ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ParanoidFreak

This game is so under-appreciated! I LOVE this game, I think the cute appearance turns some people off of it.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Andorski

Word really needs to get out about this game.  The game so far hasn't sold well, and one of the devs posted on NeoGAF that a demo will soon be released to help boost sales.

The game ranks second as my favorite puzzle game this generation, just behind Plants vs. Zombies.  The two games are somewhat alike in how the campaign is set up: Each set of levels adds a different feature in the puzzle mechanic, whether it's a new board piece or another power-up.  This makes you constantly learn new tactics in how to effectively clear the board and create large combos and chains.  There are also puzzle and challenge modes.  Puzzles have you clear the entire board within a certain number of moves.  Challenge mode has you reaching an objective to beat the level (e.g. do 4 combos within 50 seconds).  The game is pretty easy for the first half of the campaign, but the latter half becomes a real challenge without being frustrating.  I also have to say that the 2d hand-drawn art is absolutely beautiful.  I would easily recommend this to anyone with a PS3 or iPhone.

matraque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By matraque

This is indeed really sad.  The game is amazing...  Can we have an official review on this game?  Please...?

matraque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By matraque

I played versus with my girlfriend last night, we had an amazing time!  It's split screen and all variety of critters are up there.  You also have weapons you can use against your opponent. 

I really hope the demo helps them out because it's truly an amazing game.  Every puzzle game fans should grab this.  It's available on the PS3 and iPhone. 

Spread the love.  Reply to this if you would like Giant Bomb staff to make an official review of this amazing 7$ title.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.