Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crusader Kings II

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The sequel to Paradox Interactive's Crusader Kings is a grand strategy game that focuses mostly on the dynasties of medieval Europe. Games begin as early as 769 and can span until 1453. Expansions have expanded the game's scope to include the Middle East, India and the Eurasian Steppe.

Crusader Kings 2 Giveaway Raffle

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Wuddel

So, guys I have been playing a lot of Crusader Kings 2 lately. I think I will play much more grand strategy games in the future. I actually preordered Europa Universalis IV. You guys could do me a solid and actually join this pyramid-scheme "viral marketing" thing by Paradox, using my referral link:

Click here!

You do not need to sign up for the newsletter, and it does absolutely nothing annoying, except give me some free. DLC. You only need to verify the email you use.

As a little thank you I will be giving away an extra copy of Crusader Kings 2 I have to a random person answering to this blog post, and kindly also signs up, once EU4 is released.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Hunter5024

I did it.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CKII is the greatest game ever made. And Europe IV will destroy my free time for the next six months.

Oh and I signed up for you. Huzza!

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By connerthekewlkid

Hello

Im in on the crime.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Signed up twice for you.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#5 riostarwind  Moderator

The power of free dlc compels you! Since this only took a few seconds I signed up.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

signed up for you duder

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Done and done. Also, yea I still lurk here.

mattscout007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Done! Been meaning to try out Crusader Kings, and Europa looks even more exciting.

teeknuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I signed up.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Signed up for you. Hope your enjoy your DLC.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By chiablo

Although I enjoy Crusader Kings II, I have a hard time once my kingdom gets above a certain size. I guess this is where the whole strategy side of things kick in. EU4 will hopefully eliminate some of the parts of the game I really struggle with (stupid vessels, why can't you be happy with your hunchback king?)

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By forkboy

@chiablo said:

Although I enjoy Crusader Kings II, I have a hard time once my kingdom gets above a certain size. I guess this is where the whole strategy side of things kick in. EU4 will hopefully eliminate some of the parts of the game I really struggle with (stupid vessels, why can't you be happy with your hunchback king?)

Oh man, but watching your hard won reborn Roman Empire crumble when your idiot son takes the thrown, only to win it all back 2 generations later IS the game!

I just stopped playing CK2 for Unprofessional Fridays. I love that the game is still a massive time sink, even 18 months on from its relief. I'll probably hold off on EU4 until I finish my current game of CK2 actually, & I can't believe I am saying that because EU3 was absolutely tremendous in itself.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FlipperDesert

... I did not even know there were more games like this from Paradox. I got CKII last week in the daily deal because of all the talking up Idle Thumbs did and played it until about 3am that night. Need to get back to it soon, Earl Marky Mark is next in line to be King of Ireland and I wanna see what happens next.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo: I kinda feel, the same. The game has no win condition, but it also does not give you that many ways to play. I am really late to the party, so I havent dug into the DLC much yet. In my real 2 games I played/playing I choose a muslim faction. Playing a Republic seems also much different. But it comes down to "grab land, stay alive". I am still having a lot of fun doing it, since it is more about the personal stories, and the fun events (also a big incentive to play the DLC, I think I have seen all of the muslims). It's different to Civ5 for example, where you have distinct win conditions, leading to very different playstyles. (Brave New World is awesome, but I think I am done until the new balance patch comes out). That's not so much the case in CK2. However it SEEMS EU4 has exactly that, e.g. limit wars and just colonize, or build a trade empire.

@flipperdesert: Oh boy. Yeah. Essentially there are 4 core games spanning the middle ages (Crusader Kings), renaissance/enlightenment (Europa Universalis), age of Imperialism (Victoria) until WW2 (Hearts of Iron) with many games in between. You should check out quill18 channel on YT.

Thanks for all the signups!

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Need to get back to it soon, Earl Marky Mark is next in line to be King of Ireland and I wanna see what happens next.

Don't be fuckin that up now, son.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flipperdesert said:

Need to get back to it soon, Earl Marky Mark is next in line to be King of Ireland and I wanna see what happens next.

Don't be fuckin that up now, son.

It's not my fault your wives keep dying! One died literally the day after the wedding, that's basically a gypsy curse.

@wuddel: I have their EU4 preview video opened up, I'll have to watch it later. Thanks!

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Done, done AAAAAAND... done? Yeah, I'm done. ALL DONE!

Demmetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I signed up for you and would really like to try Crusader Kings II. :)

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wuddel

Thanks y'all. @raethen won the raffle (random number generator).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.